Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Back To The Ssd

BooT

This is an update and I need some more fucking help. ):<

Windows 7 disc was achieved. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my new SSD.

When I boot up from the SSD, I do not have a connection to the internet and none of my drivers seem to be installed.

I really do not know what kind of drivers that I need.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5090672#N329

I try installing these drivers but my computer continuously gives me an error over and over and over and over again.

Halp please?

Am I supposed to reformat my HDD at the same time as I am doing all of this?

I keep getting these stupid fucking errors all over the place.

I just started getting this one: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03208050&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

And this is the main one I get when trying to install those drivers: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01727084&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Is the os 64 bit?

Actually, I finally got it figured out and I am running it solid now.

Just gotta figure out all my old settings and shit like that. Thanks so much for the help that you have given. You're seriously the best ever.

Now I just can't decide if I want to reformat the old HDD and figure out how to make it a storage device or however that works.

Actually, I finally got it figured out and I am running it solid now.

Just gotta figure out all my old settings and shit like that. Thanks so much for the help that you have given. You're seriously the best ever.

Now I just can't decide if I want to reformat the old HDD and figure out how to make it a storage device or however that works.

No problem at all.

How to reformat (note this will erase everything on the hdd)

Go to control panel-admin tools-pc managment- storage-disk management. Then click the hdd THAT IS NOT YOUR BOOT DRIVE or ssd (this will be bad if you do this haha )

Delete the volumes of the drives or single hdd that you want reformatted. The drive will change to something called basic drive. After that it will have no partitions and then right click it format and name it. This should do it.

(sorry if this is sloppy im bored in my car waiting for the heater to come on at the beach waiting to go to school)

• Like 1

No problem at all.

How to reformat (note this will erase everything on the hdd)

Go to control panel-admin tools-pc managment- storage-disk management. Then click the hdd THAT IS NOT YOUR BOOT DRIVE or ssd (this will be bad if you do this haha )

Delete the volumes of the drives or single hdd that you want reformatted. The drive will change to something called basic drive. After that it will have no partitions and then right click it format and name it. This should do it.

(sorry if this is sloppy im bored in my car waiting for the heater to come on at the beach waiting to go to school)

And then if I save to it, I will be able to run it through the SSD so it performs faster right?

Cause BF4 is a 25GB download and I need the SSD to help it run better, so if I stored it on the HDD, would it still run at the accelerated speed of the SSD?

And then if I save to it, I will be able to run it through the SSD so it performs faster right?

Cause BF4 is a 25GB download and I need the SSD to help it run better, so if I stored it on the HDD, would it still run at the accelerated speed of the SSD?

If BF4 is installed on a normal HDD, then you are capped to the HDD's speed. The SSD will only play a role if the BF4 data is cached on the SSD or RAM. To get have BF4 run the fastest it would need to be placed on the SSD, but that is most of the SSD probably

All must be on the ssd. How large is the ssd?

All games that you play frequently should be installed on the ssd while movies, music, school docs, pdf etc go on the hdd.

128GB, so I will pretty much have room for BF4 and a handful of others.

NBD, thank you though!