Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Training And Dota2 Guidance.

Cave Johnson

So I am heading up training and advice giving for newer recruits who feel they need to improve in one area or another. I am very well rounded but I naturally play role 3 or 2. Even if you are a member, and want to try something crazy, I am willing to entertain the idea and give it a shot to see if its viable. So in this thread I would like for you guys to post roles/heros ( that match the roles pref) that you would like to learn. I will in turn get to you one by one and get in some practice times as well run practice seasons when possible, especially if we have 5 or more on at once that are interested in learning some team play.

• Like 1

One thing I can give you as an advice, if you are new and dont feel comfortable with all heroes, try using the nukers http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Category:Nukers , with those heroes you are more effective ingame than a carry who fails, even if you get underleveled or underfamed. I know those heroes are hard to play but if you get more experience with them you end in situations when you see how the things go with carrys and how low are their effectiveness in major point.

P.S. - Its a personal opinion, and im giving this as a player in dota from 7-8 years. GG & HF

Any low experience players can also hit me up when you see me on. Been playing this game since the start of dots 1 so I can probably point you in the right direction =D.

happy to do some support coaching. If anyone wants to learn to stomp with the most fun hero in the game, the snowball support known as the enchantress, let me know.

Appreciate you guys helping out. If you are in a EU team or in the NA team concentrate on team practices as much as possible and ill take the brunt of training responsibilities. I want you guys sharp as possible in tourny or scrims.

going to drop some images on timers for pulling creeps and other various stuff

thanks for that, great resource, ill put it in my original post and save for future references.

Hi guys. I would like to improve my game as a support. I know how to pull from the standard creep camps but i'm a bit rusty with the creep stacking and when to do it. I'm not exactly an experienced player, but i want to be able to help the team get the advantage by supporting. Any help would be much appreciated.

Its easy. if there is a single camp and u havent stacked it yet just attack it at :54 go back and wait for it to stack. After the first stack u need to attack them at arround :52 with each stack you need to attack a bit earlir too cause neutrals get bodyblocked by each other. Thats generally the trick. if u need any more help supporting hit me up :)
  • Like 1

Its easy. if there is a single camp and u havent stacked it yet just attack it at :54 go back and wait for it to stack. After the first stack u need to attack them at arround :52 with each stack you need to attack a bit earlir too cause neutrals get bodyblocked by each other. Thats generally the trick. if u need any more help supporting hit me up :)

Ty for the advice. I tried stacking with rubick and disruptor support and i managed to get 4 stacks in the radiant camp by the rune and then i stacked the other camp close to river. Now i know how to stack with a ranged hero :) But the main thing is the situation when i need to stack for my carry? Not all of the carries can take out that 4 stacks, like when meepo tried to take my double stacked ancients he was too weak. Do i need to stack in the early game or mid game? And how do i know if it is safe to leave my carry against 2 enemies? I tried all this against medium bots for now, but in a real game it's different.

Ty for the advice. I tried stacking with rubick and disruptor support and i managed to get 4 stacks in the radiant camp by the rune and then i stacked the other camp close to river. Now i know how to stack with a ranged hero :) But the main thing is the situation when i need to stack for my carry? Not all of the carries can take out that 4 stacks, like when meepo tried to take my double stacked ancients he was too weak. Do i need to stack in the early game or mid game? And how do i know if it is safe to leave my carry against 2 enemies? I tried all this against medium bots for now, but in a real game it's different.

As u said it all depends on the situation. Dont just go stack ancients if you dont have a stack farmer or someone who can take out the ancients fast cause this can result into two things. One the carry tries to get it and he just loses time and life (or even dies) trying to take them or TWO enemy team finds them and takes them for their carry.

You should generally start stacking around 15-20 min when your carry has his first core to help him reach the second one faster . For example when u see your anti mage is close to finishing his battlefury go stack the jungle camps and the ancients

Yea. stacking ancients is worth it if you have a carry who can clear them, and especially if the game is close / the carry is slightly behind.

You can, in any situation, stack regular jungle camps. Particularly the big camps near mid/safelane, or any medium camps. You mentioned a game with a Meepo - they can easily clear normal camps with poofs, and a triple stack in the radiant jungle (big or med camps closest to the safe lane) can always help them get a fast aghs/blink.

You can also stack once or twice and take the camps yourself (I always stack as chen/ench for myself and use a tornado creep or whatever to clear it). Farming the jungle during downtime as a support, especially in mid game, is important for keeping yourself relevant as the cores get more and more farmed. Note that you shouldn't take jungle farm from higher priority heroes