Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

In-Depth Explanation Of Cop Rules

heyitsme

i was hoping if the admins/mods could possibly make a sticky on in-depth explanations of all the warrant reasons and other things like tickets; the current explanations on the rules seem a bit lacking and create a bit of confusion in-game

one instance would be that some cops like to make sure that the car's speedometer stays in the red for at least 3 seconds before they ticket, and other cops ticket the instant the driver flashes red on the speedometer. i was wondering which one would be more correct/allowed

Edited by heyitsme

Hello there, I commend you for wanting to expand your knowledge on PERP rules.

I think you're getting rules, and laws mixed.

The rules can be found here, and they define strict things which cannot be done, such as being a corrupt cop, and when to ticket people (which typically can lead to your blacklisting if not followed properly). The common rule for being a cop is that if they ever break a law, you can punish them in some form, so it is your complete discretion to ticket them or not.

As for the laws, which I think you ment to ask about, can be found here. These laws clearly explain what you should be enforcing on the server as a police officer.

If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to reply back to this thread about the rule/law.

Edited by Fallen
  • Like 1

thank you for clearing it up

in regards to questions, one situation im curious about is if its okay to ticket someone that you've already arrested; say for example, a person speeds off and i warrant for evading then proceed to catch and arrest him, could i still ticket him for originally speeding, or perhaps if he got his car tazed/stopped in the middle of the road?

Edited by heyitsme