Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Overheating Issue

Vanillaâ„¢

Okay so I recently built myself a new build

CPU: AMD FX-6300 6 core

RAM: 16gb

Mobo: MSI 970A-G43

Graphics card: Radeon HD 7870 MYST edition

Okay so I run speccy while im playing tf2 and i have case cover off and a fan on it and my motherboard runs at 74 c, and this is causing my CPU to go over 60 c as well I need a guaranteed fix

Thanks for help in advance

Edited by Vanillaâ„¢

Cables in his case has nothing to do with the temp. CPU has no cables around, The case is not even put on as I understood. The problem might be with motherboard or you could check if you have "thermo-paste" on the cpu. Remove cooler and see if there is anything on the CPU. But if you bought motherboard and CPU a little time a go, then go to the shop and have them check it.

EDIT: As well, that one cooler and open case is more then you need for TF2. I have played in Lan Party in open sky in the summer with the case on. No problems. As I sad, need to check motherboard and if CPU has this "thermo-paste"..

Edited by Ryan Bass

Hi, your 7870 Myst is overheating all your system, I have this vga and normally my temps are around 80/85 Celsius when gaming, so that's the reason why u got your cpu too hot, try to add an additional fan at the bottom of the case to dissipate the hot air from the vga.

Lets get a few basics out of the way;

• Your PC isn't exactly melting. 74 degrees on the mobo while hot isn't in it's critical temp range. Usually operating temp is anywhere from 40-80, depending on how well the mobo is cooled by it's onboard heatsinks and how much heat it outputs.
  • Cable management is horrendous. Even though you only have an exhaust, air will still naturally flow in from the front due to this which is then choked by the mess of cables in between the compartment area and the harddrive cage. Fix this; I can even see this case supports cable management via routing it through the back panel.
  • Your CPU isn't overheating either. 60 degrees is actually a very nice temp for the CPU to be at under load. It's impressive to see it kicking 60 especially with that woeful cooler.

My suggestion is to do what Dynas said; get a few fans and put them as intakes. The front of your case is filtered with support for I presume a 120mm fan. Use it. Also get RID of that stock CPU cooler. Get a nice Cooler Master cooler or a Corsair watercooler rig.