Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What Are Your Thoughts On Events Within Strategy.

Boxer-I-

How frequent would you like events?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been speaking to my Advisors about hosting weekly events, StyleZ said weekly events just wouldnt feel "eventful"

I personally want to run weekly events due to the way our division is built. (Not needing dedicated servers, having fun in competitive and non-competitive events across different game titles.)

Basically my vision is setup like this.

LoL event one week

Random strat title next

Dota2 3rd week

Random strat title to finish off the month.

Please vote and post your opinions within this thread so i would have a better understanding overall about how the community wants events ran in the strategy division!

• Like 1

I kinda agree with styleZ that weekly events on every strategy game feels more like a gathering istead of an event. I agree with the schedule u proposed given the fact that we have enough people that would participate in events of those ''random strat tittles"

So focusing into dota i think monthly events is a great thing and a rly good time to get in schedule with summer time knocking on our front door

I kinda agree with styleZ that weekly events on every strategy game feels more like a gathering istead of an event. I agree with the schedule u proposed given the fact that we have enough people that would participate in events of those ''random strat tittles"

So focusing into dota i think monthly events is a great thing and a rly good time to get in schedule with summer time knocking on our front door

Only strategy game I play is Dota 2 and if we don't do what Boxer proposes and instead do let's say every 2 weeks, that means there is only 1 event for me to go to every 2 months (Given you could just say that's my fault). I think with the fact that most League players don't play Dota 2, and vice versa (to my knowledge), having them on separate weeks should sort of mitigate the "constant events" going on.

Only strategy game I play is Dota 2 and if we don't do what Boxer proposes and instead do let's say every 2 weeks, that means there is only 1 event for me to go to every 2 months (Given you could just say that's my fault). I think with the fact that most League players don't play Dota 2, and vice versa (to my knowledge), having them on separate weeks should sort of mitigate the "constant events" going on.

You all guys need to stop just thinkinking abut urselfs and start thikning about the people that will organize those events. And im talking about boxer and styleZ and the other strategy advisors. I doubt they got the time and energy to organize weekly events for EACH game.

P.S Try not to take this the wrong way plz :3

Edited by Gida

You all guys need to stop just thinkinking abut urselfs and start thikning about the people that will organize those events. And im talking about boxer and styleZ and the other strategy advisors. I doubt they got the time and energy to organize weekly events for EACH game.

P.S Try not to take this the wrong way plz :3

No I understand what you're saying, I've talked to vet about myself running the in-houses (Dota 2) when I'm online (getting the rules and regulations in order, being a mod of sort) once we get more members or more activity in the game because I know they got better stuff to be doing but that's how you get people to play together and have fun. If they can't handle it then just say so, he was the one proposing the 1 week thing, I just assumed they could manage it then.

I think that weekly events would be great. Even if you only play one game like I do (DoTa 2) you could easily download the other strat games (given they are free) and play those once a week. The strategy you learn there could even be something that you can trasnfer over to DoTa or LoL or whatever it is you find yourself playing more often. I have been away for a couple months and will be back home in a few days and would love to come back to seeing everyone gathered in weekly events regardless of what strat games we play. I think that we have a great strat division and it can only get bigger and better and things like weekly events will attract mroe people that seek the team portion of being part of HG and increase how well we all know each other on a social level just overall leading to more integrated strategy players and more advancement in our own skill and as a gaming community.

Edited by Ubergazz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...