Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Archage Beta

Bp~

It's going to be free to play.. The 20 is for a higher 'status' or in this case it's called 'patron' status

I googled around and saw some people saying its going to be 20 a month. I paid blizzard 15 a month.....

If it goes free to play the game fails automatically :Tera, Rift, Aion, SWTOR

Edited by Bigpock

I googled around and saw some people saying its going to be 20 a month. I paid blizzard 15 a month.....

If it goes free to play the game fails automatically :Tera, Rift, Aion, SWTOR

guild wars? Everquest 2? Planetside 2? And Star Trek online, all very good freed to play mmos

Its debatable, but Warcraft still kicks all those games asses in terms of best mmorpg out right now

wheres the endgame, wheres the phat loot, wheres the best MMORPG!!

Edited by Bigpock

Its debatable, but Warcraft still kicks all those games asses in terms of best mmorpg out right now

wheres the endgame, wheres the phat loot, wheres the best MMORPG!!

WoW got really lame, really quick imo. It's almost like they were trying to make it too easy, then too economy driven, then too "not vanilla" and they overdid each of the transitions.

ESO is supposedly going F2P soon, and I don't think that will ruin it.

What ruined SWTOR was that it went Pay to Win rather than F2P. I can't really speak for the other games, as I never played them... But I can only assume that it's the same thing in those as SWTOR.

What about DDO? It's still a good, balanced game as a F2P. Everquest 2 is not a bad game in the F2P model.

Truthfully, it depends on the developer and their attempt at breaking the mold. EA failed miserably at that in TOR, and probably won't try to do it again soon as they are sinking more money into the money pit they created themselves on a regular basis.

Anywho, I guess what I'm trying to say in a nutshell is that F2P and P2W are two different models and they both have vastly different results when it comes to player retention and validity of game model.