Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Temporary rules for jailbreak admins!

Weeman

Due to the admin system breaking from the new CSS update these temporary rules are going into effect since quite a few pay admins are abusing this glitch.

if you are caught using any and i mean ANY commands you normally shouldn't have such as dizzy, firebomb, timebomb, noclip, drug, or ANY OTHER COMMAND YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE, you will be removed from the forum for a day on your second offense. Other admin abuse rules still apply as well. the only admins that SHOULD have access to these commands are staff and trusted admins who are HG | veterans. and even those members should not be using them that target the whole server.

IF YOU ARE CAUGHT USING THE BANNED COMMANDS IN MASS ON THE SERVER YOU WILL BE REMOVED FOR A WEEK, THE ONLY COMMAND YOU COULD POSSIBLY USE IN MASS IS MUTE IF TS ARE SPAMMING, THATS IT!

From soccer: This includes disco, too!

1277531369100.jpg

Edited by Soccercrazy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Commands that pay admins should only use:

kick

slay

ban

mute

teamswitch

slap

those are the only commands you should be using, ever. a few [HG] members i have given permission to use the fun commands because they are responsible (THIS DOES NOT MEAN SPAM ME ASKING ME FOR PERMISSION, i will ignore you)

You get skins and reservation and you get to help out HG. Egg the trusted admins get the special powers because they do not abuse them. They have been proven to be solid admins, not by how many bans or slays they have but the hard work and dedication to HG. You have to earn respect not buy it.

You get skins and reservation and you get to help out HG. Egg the trusted admins get the special powers because they do not abuse them. They have been proven to be solid admins, not by how many bans or slays they have but the hard work and dedication to HG. You have to earn respect not buy it.

:fistpump:

I'm not on about buying respect. I do what needs to be done on the servers, and for $15 for kick/ban and skins which you as the player cannot see yourself, as you are wearing them. Please let me quote an admin rule from the Minigames MOTD (but I think It's on All Servers)

"Use your powers to keep the server fun."

This is correct, in any fun commands that are used. Every regular player on MG, that plays with me, agrees that when they are playing with me, as an admin, I am a good admin, who enforces Rules, but has some fun while doing it. You may class some of the commands i've used as abuse, but going back to the quote I just made, Its using them, to keep the server fun and enjoyable to play on, and is why a lot of players i have talked to, have said they've come back, to enjoy my company and admining.

If you feel the commands that have been used are abuse, then I apologise, and will not be used again, but if this is the case, then the rule for admins on the General MOTD needs to be removed.

I just feel, that $15 is a bit steep a price, for admins just to only be able to use kick/ban/slay to keep the server in check. that's all.

It does not need to be removed because you don't need those commands to make them fun. I watched a demo of you today of someone asking you multiple times to take drugs off.....that doesn't sound like fun to me. Play the game be nice and have a good time. While doing this take care of the players with your admin that's what its for.

Going to that Incident, We were having a laugh on Steam. Everytime I even teamswitch someone to spectator, Zaglo types "Admin Aboose"... its what he does. When he asked me to switch it off... I failed at typing the command, by accidentally typing @zagl instead of removing the @. When he asked in steam + ingame, I removed it. i just failed at typing the command.

EDIT: on watching the Demo again, I was only asked once by zaglo to remove the drugs, on which it was taken off, within 5 seconds of him asking, because I failed at typing commands.

I suggest the thread be moved to admin forum and renamed because it doesn't JUST apply to jailbreak. Will the admin menu be corrected to not include the disallowed items? Or did that update totally make that impossible? It would save the trouble of new admins, having not read this thread, of going !timebomb @all like some have.

I just feel, that $15 is a bit steep a price, for admins just to only be able to use kick/ban/slay to keep the server in check. that's all.

Think of buying admin as a donation to HG with benefits. You aren't buying a product, you are donating and we are being kind by giving you something back.

Yeah, I do it to donate to a great clan and to help keep jailbreak free of free killing assholes/spammers. It's fun for me, but I won't deny that I also did it partly for the status and skins haha. $15 actually isnt that bad. It's easy for me, and I don't even have a job.

• 3 months later...

Its about the price its about helping the servers up. Gaining respect takes time to build up and donating is one. Showing staff that they are able to trust you. Donating just so your the only one on the server who is staff so you can actually feel like you are staff is exactly why you shouldn't donate for admin. Eventually when the server has one admin it gets overwhelming/power hungry and starts abusing.