Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Help Plzzz!!!!

Reaper

Ok, So i just got to my dad's house for the holdiays. He just informed me that the main desktop computer no longer connects to the internet. He said that he enabled some kind of diagnostic tool. After he enabled it, he says that one can not do anything with the computer. I hopped onto the computer and this is what I found so far.

I can not restore the computer (error), I can not run the network troubleshooter (error stops it before it can start). I can boot into safe mode and the network troubleshooter will run further into the diagnostic but then end due to it's inability to work in safe mode. Once I restart the computer, I can not do much. Once the computer boots, there is an error stating that some program has failed to start. I believe the file path is similar to this: C:\\Users\Apps\AppData\Roaming\Awem\Awem\vmvsz.dll has stopped working. I tried to google it and I get NO results. I have no idea what to do to fix it. I am thinking it has to do with a recent program that was installed. I found 3 programs, two are related to Adobe and one is the AVG PCTuneUp (something like that). My thoughts are that this program is causing the issues. It is seeing problems and preventing things from booting up.

Any and all help will be appreciated... I have no idea how to fix this issue.

if you have any questions let me know, I will try to answer them.

go into the start menu, find the "run" command, or if your running windows 7 it will be the search thing right above the start button. type in "msconfig" navigate over the the startup tab, and un-check everything. exit with restart. if its a small virus or some stupid program this will help.

if its a more vigorous virus you will need to download seperate programs and follow specific instructions depending on what exactly the virus is.

• Like 1