Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Graphics Card Speculation Thread For 2014

enigma#

So for all you {budding or otherwise knowledgeable} hardware enthusiasts, what do you think nVidia, Intel and AMD will bring out in 2014?

We know this much

nVidia: Maxwell release (good bye Kepler!)

AMD: Pirates Islands (we've seen Volcanic Islands -> R9 2xx series)

Intel: will Skylake {broadwell maybe?} bring any viability to the GFX market for gamers like Iris Pro is trying to?

Please don't get butthurt if someone likes a brand over another one k thx bai

So for all you {budding or otherwise knowledgeable} hardware enthusiasts, what do you think nVidia, Intel and AMD will bring out in 2014?

nvidia: probably stay sitting on piles on money by releasing something that barely increases graphical fidelity

amd: significantly improve but still be implicitly inferior to nvidia

intel: if it isn't a mobile device, expect them to not care about it

800 series will probably be released next year in May (if their current trend continues) TI versions of the currents card are rolling out soon.

Right now for the price, the AMD R9 cards are amazing. The 280x is really just a rebranded 7970, but the performance gains are awesome for the price. I wanted to pick one up this weekend but got a killer deal on a gtx 760 that I couldn't resist.

I imagine the 290 amd is supposed to release this week will be targeted to the 780 and will probably be cheaper and may actually beat it. Glad to see AMD turning some heads at least in the gpu department.

The gap between the competition (performance wise) is closing very quickly imo. I would love to see what happens when the two companies start going for bigger and better things due to the competition always trying to one up the other.

Gaming devs are going to need to catch up to the hardware soon, when a few years ago I said the opposite haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you say that?

because noob's that don't know anything about a pc or gpu's will use it as a guide. "Hey the ps4 has great graphics, what is the graphic's powered by? AMD Oh, i should put one in my pc." Edited by isaac
  • Like 1