Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Ridiculous

silly penis

1. Your in-game name: silly penis

2. Server that you were banned on: C:S Jailbreak

3. The Banning admin: some guy

4. Your Steam-Id: STEAM_0:1:6050846

5. Reason for ban: racism?

So I was playing just as usual, minding my own business, and then decided to type 'negro' in the chat. Not directed at anyone or anything. But then some someone took it upon themselves to ban me. I didn't catch his name, as I didn't even have a warning or anything for my imaginary offense.

Since apparantly someone among you doesn't know what the terms racism and negro mean:

Racism:

Noun

* S: (n) racism (the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races)

Negro:

Noun

* S: (n) Black, Black person, blackamoor, Negro, Negroid (a person with dark skin who comes from Africa (or whose ancestors came from Africa))

So even though the word negro itself is a perfectly acceptable, scientific word which has no racial connotations on its own whatsoever, I get banned for saying it?

How much do you want to bet if I said Caucasian I wouldn't get any sort of punishment?

Black people exist. Your attempt to censor that fact is an insult to my people and all sensible-thinking men and women on this earth.

Please grow up.

Thanks,

silly penis

Edited by Slazenger

Whats ridiculous is you randomly typed that word for no reason what so ever, what the fuck do you have internet Tourettes or something? second, you give us literal definitions of 2 words, why don't you look up the slang term for the word your so confident is not a racial slur and paste that here and we'll see how long you stay around

and the term Caucasian has nothing to do with the term you used, in fact the proper term for "your people" is either African or African American(depending on where your from). Well that's what i saw last time i checked when i was filling out the "what race are you" part of my test forms.

granted there are organizations such as the United Negro College fund and other such foundations we do not tolerate the word at all, quite simply because it COULD be used in a racial manner. and if your allowed to say it everyone else will start saying it trying to be smartasses

so besides the fact you were only banned for a short amount of time you come onto our forums and tell US to grow up? Your off to a great start btw

Edited by Weeman

Whats ridiculous is you randomly typed that word for no reason what so ever, what the fuck do you have internet Tourettes or something?

No, but apparantly you do? You don't have to curse like a child to get your point across.

second, you give us literal definitions of 2 words, why don't you look up the slang term for the word your so confident is not a racial slur and paste that here and we'll see how long you stay around

Look up the slang term? What? Do you even know what 'slang' means? It's not something you can look up. But just to make you happy:

negro

Meaning 'Black' in Spanish

-urbandictionary

So there you go. Do you want to ban the word black too?

and the term Caucasian has nothing to do with the term you used, in fact the proper term for "your people" is either African or African American(depending on where your from). Well that's what i saw last time i checked when i was filling out the "what race are you" part of my test forms.

Haha, this is my favorite part of your post. 'The proper term' for my people? Please. Just because you see an African American bubble on a test in your precious little privileged white suburbia doesn't mean you understand what it's like to be black. There is nothing racist about saying negro, in fact the only thing racist here is you trying to bury your guilt by subscribing to some politically correct bullshit. All black people don't come from America or Africa, fool.

granted there are organizations such as the United Negro College fund and other such foundations we do not tolerate the word at all, quite simply because it COULD be used in a racial manner. and if your allowed to say it everyone else will start saying it trying to be smartasses

COULD be used? The word pinky COULD be used as a racially charged slur. So could cornbread. And crayon. And egg. And Kobe. Do you want a list? Better yet, how about you just ban everything. After all, everything *could* be used to offend someone! Oh no!

There is no way around the fact that what I said is not racist at all, and the only reason for my banning is because of an anti-diversity agenda within the Hellsgamers leadership. Stop trying to make excuses.

Let us all hope that the dark clouds of racial prejudice will soon pass away, and that in some not too distant tomorrow the radiant stars of love and brotherhood will shine over our great nation with all their scintillating beauty. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

How about learn the difference between a harmless word with scientific and linguistic background, Negro, and one used explicitly as a slur, nigg-r? One deserves repercussion, the other doesn't. Unless, of course, your goal is to eliminate black people altogether. Racist.