Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Re: Spy Gun - Way Too Powerful?

bean-

Hi all. On the 100% Crit Orange servers, the spy gun is really powerful :blush: . It must be the most powerful weapon that you can choose, even more powerful that a grenade or rocket - unless you get hit straight on. If from one end of the map to the other, I (as a Sniper) go against a Spy I have to fully zoom to get the same type of kill the Spy can get from just one shot. I have all that recoil, but the Spy can shoot and shoot and shoot - probably 3 shots to my one no-scope. Worse if I zoom in. I know they can't zoom, but they don't have that lag time you get when you zoom, with the reduced field of view. Won't happen the same way if I go scout and use that gun either. There are some players who just play as Spy, shooting and hardly ever cloaking. When they get me, I go spy and cloak then get them again and again - it's very easy as a Spy to get kills like this - bit boring tho. I must admit I do a Mr B!LL, and hang around a certain spot. Mr B!LL uses skill to get his kills - still annoying, but at least it's not someone firing off one shot after another from the other side of the map. Any chance of reducing the power? It's probably down to the way the game's set-up and it being crits :( Still, worth asking ... beanz ;)

• Like 2

Ha, don't get me started on those nasty demomen jumping to the opo base, or the rocket jumpers, or the demomen with their swords swooping down on you when you've zoomed in for a sweet headshot and - erm. well, you get the point - 100% crits is simply THE BEST! :devil:

Edited by beanz
  • Like 1