Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Custom Build

deadstorm17

Budget: 1500$ just computer

2. Brand preferences

AMD, Intel, nVidia, MSI

3. What do you plan to do with the machine?

Gaming, CS6

4. Is there a place where you'd like to get the parts from?Don't matter

5. What parts (if any) do you have already that you don't need upgraded?

6. Do you plan to overlock?Maybe a little but not to much

7. Do you have an OS (e.g. Windows) that you can use for this computer? Windows

Edited by deadstorm17

I'm not the best but this is what I would have gotten. Just so that you know, I picked these prices of Amazon.com and there might be cheaper to get, no idea, but it can go up or down on a total of 100$ and even more if you find on sale

CPU: i5-4690k 3,5 GHz

Price:

GPU: MSI GTX 980 4GB

Price: 559.99$

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 MHz

Price: 207.99$

CASE: NZXT H440 Mid tower

Price: 156.99$

SSD: Samsung 850 evo 250GB

Price: 118.99$

HDD: WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache

Price: 124.99$

POWER: V750 Compact 80 plus golden

PRICE: 119.99$

MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

PRICE: 164.99$

This goes on a price pool of 1686 bucks and since that is over your budget and the budget is extremely limited to being below 1500$ then here are the items you can change to get it cheaper but still being a beast.

2nd GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 4GB

Price: 339.99$

2nd STORAGE: WD Green 2 TB 5400 RPM

Price: 80$

2nd CASE: Anything below 100$ really, there are so many cases and so many good once for a good price, it's mostly the look if you do enough research. Zalman Z11 plus is the case I was going to buy but doesn't sell in my country.

Price: 85$

Going with all the 2nd picks it drops down to 1350$ and even though you said you prefer MSI I picked the asus gtx 970 since I myself own a asus gtx 970 and they have gotten credits that the strix is almost equal to the 980 just that it got the fucked up memory, 3,5GB+0.5GB.

I would say this computer is really good but there are those small things that makes it go up high, like the RAM is 1866 instead of 1600, goes up a bit, the motherboard is new.

Hope you like my ideas and if you didn't then go eat icecream in the corner!

Edited by Mr Swede
  • Like 1

Use http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales to find deals on all your parts. Basically with that budget i would say all the same as above other then there are cheaper MSI z97 Motherboards out there , about 120-140$ and you also could just go with a 1tb WD black and always add another drive later (60$). If you not picky you can find power supply off that subreddit i linked. I paid about 80$ for my 850W G plus. If you are only gaming your really only need to start out with 8gbs of ram. 2x4gb sticks. Later on when you decide you want 16gb then just buy another 2x4gb kit. 4x4gb is faster then 2x8gb . Only reason to buy 8gb sticks is if you plan on going with 32gbs total . Which you really do not need to play games. Also do you live near a micro center or frys computer store? They have in store deals that you will not find online anywhere. I7 4790k CPU's for 280$ instead of 320$ and they will combo it with motherboards for even more of a savings

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't know many specific sights but I know that newegg.com has some pretty good deals. I would recommend buying the parts separately and building it yourself. As for overclocking your cpu I wouldn't do that unless you are somewhat experienced with doing it, if you do it and mess it up you could fry some components, just buy a cpu that has the gh that you want stock.