Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Build Request

hgdallas

1. Budget

Willing to spend around $1000

2. Brand preferences

No brand preferences.

3. What do you plan to do with the machine?

I plan to do gaming on the machine. Battlefield, CS:GO, TF2, Skyrim, LoL, Arma, DayZ

4. Is there a place where you'd like to get the parts from?

I am fine from ordering from anywhere, Newegg preferred though.

5. What parts (if any) do you have already that you don't need upgraded?

None, starting from scratch.

6. Do you plan to overlock?

No.

7. Do you have an OS (e.g. Windows) that you can use for this computer?

No.

Edited by Dallas

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TnmQ99

At 1k you'd be dumb to limit yourself to a 960 + no SSD.

Don't really need the K (overclockable) denomination of this processor but it is pretty much the same price as the non-overclockable, so the OC option will always be there (You would need to put in something better than a stock CPU cooler if you do ever decide to OC, however).

Also no need for such a massive case, may as well go Mini-ITX. This mobo also has built in wifi so you don't end up needing a usb dongle or another PCI-E slot for it. Case is also, well cooled, comes with a 200mm fan, added one more for exhaust.

If you need to fit a monitor in that budget HMU on steam and I'll modify this. Should be cheaper with some of these parts from Amazon.

• Like 1

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TnmQ99

At 1k you'd be dumb to limit yourself to a 960 + no SSD.

Don't really need the K (overclockable) denomination of this processor but it is pretty much the same price as the non-overclockable, so the OC option will always be there (You would need to put in something better than a stock CPU cooler if you do ever decide to OC, however).

Also no need for such a massive case, may as well go Mini-ITX. This mobo also has built in wifi so you don't end up needing a usb dongle or another PCI-E slot for it. Case is also, well cooled, comes with a 200mm fan, added one more for exhaust.

If you need to fit a monitor in that budget HMU on steam and I'll modify this. Should be cheaper with some of these parts from Amazon.

Why no case ? smart choice i guess huh ....

you could also go amd 8350 and save a little more money but i agree with Ethatsme. if i spend 1000$ it better have a 970 and SSD at least.

My advice is to not buy everything at the same place. Use this subreddit to find deals on all kinds of computer hardware. http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/

That is where i find all of my computer deals. i saved about 500$ when building my PC but i had to buy stuff when it went on sale and also went months waiting for certain parts to go on sale.

Check that site multiple times a day. DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE FOR ANYTHING

Edited by PooStar_Nutbag