Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Thoughts On N.w.a.? (Rap/hip Hop)

FoxHound

NWA brought gangsta rap to the main stream which is cool. To me it wasn't Dr. Dre's finest work production wise (his GFunk stuff was better), but the rhymes were hard and in your face.

Cube and Eazy were the standouts, many say eazy was the better MC but I think if Ice cube died instead of eazy everyone would say the same about cube.

Out of the late 80's/early 90's my favorite rapper was slick rick as apposed to NWA group and solo artist. He had story telling and flow that is matched by only one other rapper (andre 3000).

I want the Slick Rick and Dougie Fresh Movie

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to watch it as soon as it comes out in theaters. The funny thing is not a lot of people knew about N.W.A until they heard about the movie.

you wrote that wrong - a lot of white people didnt know who NWA was until they heard about the movie

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm going to watch it as soon as it comes out in theaters. The funny thing is not a lot of people didn't know about N.W.A until they heard about the movie.

you wrote that wrong - a lot of white people didnt know who NWA was until they heard about the movie

I live in the NE area and while I'm not a fan of any Rap or hip-hop I have known of them for quite a long time. I've had many friends of both colors who have listened to them and tried to get me to. Using a generalization to say a specific group had no idea about them isn't really right nor is it true.