Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What Should I Do?

School is nearing (fml) but that also means allowance is nearing (fuck yea)

So i need some sort of gameplan, and I need your help :)

I get roughly $25 a week, obviously its gonna go into my steam because who buys shit in real life (nurdz)

There are two ways this can go, (but ultimatly it'll result in the same ending)

Should i:

A: Buy the skins i want, they're roughly $15++ and maybe even save for better ones, meaning selling my old ones or trading them away

OR

B: Buy keys with all that money, hopefully unbox something nice

In the end, it'll end up with me having skins i want and just spending spare money on keys and hoping on getting something nicer

I may share some of my unwanted skins with the community, e.g. if i buy a awp redline fn then i get a awp hyper beast... idk :v

Any opinions? :)

Edited by GetRektM4TE

Go and save your money for something in the future. I would recommend not buy skins or keys because those won't help you later on at some point when you need like IRL money. Also skins and keys are just for fun, don't really need them to play the game. Maybe you could set aside like 10% or so for (Steam Related Purchases) and hold on to the rest for other things (Non-Steam Related).

• Like 1

Go and save your money for something in the future. I would recommend not buy skins or keys because those won't help you later on at some point when you need like IRL money. Also skins and keys are just for fun, don't really need them to play the game. Maybe you could set aside like 10% or so for (Steam Related Purchases) and hold on to the rest for other things (Non-Steam Related).

I agree with Bio, save the money and spend it on something/someone. Skins don't get you anywhere in cs:go. Unless you are going to bet the skins that's the only reason logicly to have skins. To make a profit.

I agree with Bio, save the money and spend it on something/someone. Skins don't get you anywhere in cs:go. Unless you are going to bet the skins that's the only reason logicly to have skins. To make a profit.

Because supporting your favorite game, artists/modelers or looking at a good cosmetic isn't logical? Edited by ongames

Because supporting your favorite game, artists/modelers or looking at a good cosmetic isn't logical?

You have a valid point. For myself I'd think spending $20 on yourself/others irl would be better than spending it on a billion dollar company. If GetRektM4TE is nearing college/university he should save up for that. Again, Everyones post has a point and there isn't a dumb answer. I was just giving my own perspective.

You have a valid point. For myself I'd think spending $20 on yourself/others irl would be better than spending it on a billion dollar company. If GetRektM4TE is nearing college/university he should save up for that. Again, Everyones post has a point and there isn't a dumb answer. I was just giving my own perspective.

And I understand your post also, it just seemed like you didn't see why someone would actually buy skins

Just clearing something up, My collage tuition is already set, my dad started saving when I was around... 5 ish. At the same time I am roughly 3 years away from collage, so I got plenty of time in terms of saving up. Also i would consider myself to be an introvert, staying at home most of the time rather than going out, so there isn't really anything I would buy outside that my dad wouldn't get me :)

• Like 1

Just clearing something up, My collage tuition is already set, my dad started saving when I was around... 5 ish. At the same time I am roughly 3 years away from collage, so I got plenty of time in terms of saving up. Also i would consider myself to be an introvert, staying at home most of the time rather than going out, so there isn't really anything I would buy outside that my dad wouldn't get me :)

Ok my bad, I didn't understand that you had savings on your back already. I shouldn't jump to conclusion. My bad. Back on topic here then. I'd pick (A) and buy the skin you want. Because unless the skin is a blue (Which are usually 50 cents or less) I'd go with just getting the skins by buying them. You'd have better luck buying a $100 knife than spending $100 on cases and ending up with mostly shit all maybe a red or two if you are lucky. If you pick ether ( A ) or ( B ) wish you luck on whichever skin you get/pick. My apologies again for jumping to an conclusion. Edited by Maine
  • Like 1

Ok my bad, I didn't understand that you had savings on your back already. I shouldn't jump to conclusion. My bad. Back on topic here then. I'd pick (A) and buy the skin you want. Because unless the skin is a blue (Which are usually 50 cents or less) I'd go with just getting the skins by buying them. You'd have better luck buying a $100 knife than spending $100 on cases and ending up with mostly shit all maybe a red or two if you are lucky. If you pick ether ( A ) or ( B ) wish you luck on whichever skin you get/pick. My apologies again for jumping to an conclusion.

No worries bruv, we all make mistakes and, lets admit, we love jumping to conclusions :3

You're opinion is appreciated too :D

Just don't do what I tend to do and let the cases build up to point where you have over 20 of them. I'm getting ready to open a bunch of them once I but a steam wallet card.

"over 20 of them" ... I used to have a smurf where I stored them until i donated some streamer 400 cases

Just try to find someone who is selling skins, it is always cheaper than market... Only thing is that you need to trust him, I doubt that anyone will go first

School is nearing (fml) but that also means allowance is nearing (fuck yea)

So i need some sort of gameplan, and I need your help :)

I get roughly $25 a week, obviously its gonna go into my steam because who buys shit in real life (nurdz)

There are two ways this can go, (but ultimatly it'll result in the same ending)

Should i:

A: Buy the skins i want, they're roughly $15++ and maybe even save for better ones, meaning selling my old ones or trading them away

OR

B: Buy keys with all that money, hopefully unbox something nice

In the end, it'll end up with me having skins i want and just spending spare money on keys and hoping on getting something nicer

I may share some of my unwanted skins with the community, e.g. if i buy a awp redline fn then i get a awp hyper beast... idk :v

Any opinions? :)

Do not unbox anything. Worst strategy ever. I opened 100 cases on 2 occasions and didnt get anything.