Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

The Hit - Chapter 3 - 4

EmberFrost

Chapter 3

I returned to the motel realizing i made a mistake, turns out that Kane wasn’t going to be in town till tomorrow. Damn it, how could i miss such a trivial detail! I stared at the blueprints as i kicked the side of the table. I took this opportunity to call a friend who's currently in town. Around ten minutes later there was a knock on the door, a manila envelope was slid under the door. I picked it up and unsealed the envelope, inside was a keycard to the Kronium Palace. This would make the hit ten times easier, I looked at my window to notice the sun started to set. If Kane wasn’t going to be in his office till tomorrow, I might as well just chill for the rest of the day. I rented an action movie and spent the remainder of the day inside the small room

Dawn. The bright orange light pierced the room and lit up my surroundings as I woke up. 5:59 AM. I sat up on my bed staring around my small room. It was a rectangular shaped room with the bed right on the end of the room and the window opposite the bed. The wallpaper was just plain blue paint as the floor was a brown furry carpet. The ceiling fan was slowly rotating in the middle of the room, making very faint creaking sounds. Good thing the bed wasn’t under that, looks like that fan is just about ready to fall.

The door handle suddenly turned and the sound of the door click signaled the door was unlocked. I darted out of my bed and threw my red bedsheets over the table whilst grabbing my silenced 9mm pistol, the gold plate reflected the orange light into my eye temporarily blinding me. I lunged for the corner of the room where the door would bend toward as to cover myself from the supposed intruder… “Housekeeping?†A small feminine voice broke the silence of the room, I breathed a sigh of relief and hid the pistol behind my back. I stood up and walked toward the door to see a small woman about three quarters the size of me staring at me with a bright smile. “No thank you†I said as i smiled back at her. She nodded and proceeded to the other room. I quickly shut the door as i uncovered the table and layed down my pistol by the rest of the weapons. That was definitely a close one…

I stared at the clock seeing as ten minutes has already passed. 6:09 AM. I gathered all my equipment and belongings and packed them into my duffel bag. I changed my cloths to a plain black shirt with navy blue pants, a pair of sporting sunglasses and a red ballcap. As i checked out of the motel, something caught my eye. I turned my face slightly towards the left as the cashier was counting the cash. I saw the housekeeping lady talking with a man in a brown and black suit who was making notes. The man was pale white and looked like he was in his late 30’s, his eyes were blue and his hair was blonde, I assumed he was European. I just brushed it off and made my way to Kronium Palace.

Chapter Four

I arrived at the towering skyscraper after a brisk ten minute walk. It was a gigantic cylinder covered in faintly tinted blue glass. I saw the employees through the glass working, talking, eating food. The front entrance was guarded by guards in black suits and red ties. They were all white males roughly the same height. They all were bald and equipped with earpieces. As i passed by the guards who greeted me generously and lead me inside, i noticed the firearms inside their jackets. Standard issue UMP-45’s without stocks, 1.5 red dot holographic sights and compensator barrel extensions. Didn’t scare me that much, they may have small firearms but I have a trick up my sleeve to deal with these types of threats when the need arises.

I entered the building and walked to the front desk, A black woman with a brown ponytail and heavy makeup smiled as i approached. “Hi sir, Do you have an appointment?â€. She spoke in a lively matter. I did my best impersonation of a british person. “Nope, I heard that you have a building tour for tourists. Is there still an available space?â€. “Ah i see†She got out of her chair and gestured towards a hallway “Follow me sirâ€. As i followed the receptionist i looked up to notice that the building had a hole in the middle, allowing me to see all the floors above, all the way to the ceiling glass. This would definitely come in handy if i were to repel down from the roof.

I was lead to join a small group of tourists walking around the building, I opened my duffel bag and put on my steel framed glasses. I had a microcamera on the frame pointing forward as to record everything I saw. We were lead through all 70 floors. Each of them rather the same, full of accountants typing away on computers inside their own little cubicle. Finally we were lead onto the 71st floor, Kane’s office. I was surprised we were even allowed to view it. We walked past a large golden plated door which lead to Kane’s head office. After a small walk through a red hallway, past many doors and guards, we reached his office.

Kane sat in a rotating black leather chair with a large wooden desk. The table was U-shaped with stacks of papers on one side with six monitors with, what appeared to be, news reports and websites. His leather chair faced the windows which obstructed our view of him. “Welcome to Kronium Palaceâ€. He had a very gritty voice, more grit than i expected. He rotated his chair towards us with his arms raised as if we were about to hug someone. He looked just like he did in his picture. He wore a black leather jacket with a white undershirt, by the looks of it, he also wore blue jeans which sagged a bit and plain black sneakers. He smiled and chuckled at us… it was time.

I armed my smoke grenade, knelt and rolled it toward the front of the group. I quickly turned around as the grenade exploded and a cloud of smoke erupted from the ground. I shoved the people in the group to the side and jumped through the smoke. Kane was coughing uncontrollably whilst waving his hand infront of his face to clear the smoke. I drew my 9mm from my back pocket and aimed it at Kane’s head. As Kane cleared his throat he looked up only to see the golden barrel point blank from his face. He then looked at me with his widened eyes. I tilted my head to the left a little bit and smirked. “Wait!â€

~~~~

Tell me in the comments if you like the direction of this short novel (or not :3 )

Any feedback about it is appreciated (even negative!)

Currently working on chapters 5 and 6 so stay tuned!

• Like 1