Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

A Fireside Chat About The Jb Map 20.0 With You. Just You.

Hi all fellow escapee's. (By the way Empathetic, this is my true first blog post ;) )

This fireside chat comes late I know, but it's one that many will probably like (depending on your reasoning for viewing this thread). So sit down, have a cup of coffee, get the paper and listen to this on your iPod Touch. Trust me, it's a good read.

Before I begin, I will not address any issues regarding the recent events that have happened within the core HG membership. This is going to focus on the map itself, rather than drama.

So lets begin....

The first thing I want to cover ground on is the apparent despondency between myself and the core members as of right now. Many of ye believe I don't listen and do hate my guts over it. Let me get one point out there right away; the majority of fixes and changes made over the beta were due to feedback from you, the players. Your voice is heard and you should make it heard. I am saddened that some of you do have a stigma against me for this and I am very saddened that it came to this in the first place. I do not want to see a rift come between myself the developer and the community, because truth be told I depend on feedback to make updates. This is one of the sole reasons why I haven't updated the map passed beta5 to the workshop, as realistically I cannot alone make decisions that could have huge gameplay implications to the map. This map is made for the CSGO community, they have absolute final say in what goes in, that is the agreement myself and the dL's at the time made and I plan to stick to it. So please, if you have a suggestion to make, make it here. This is a two way street myself and the community walk down, and one from which neither can walk ahead of the other.

The second topic I want to cover is design decisions. This by far probably was the biggest problem, as many of the CSGO community grew up on the old map, knowing the old ways of doing things and understandably, wanted a new map that was new and yet... not new. A map that intimidated the old one. Like a tribute band that can rock better than the original. If you want me to discuss about any changes you may have questions about, please quote this part of the post and reply with your question about what area you had question as to why it was removed/changed.

The final topic I wanted to cover in this fireside chat is personal problems and communication. If you have a problem with me, please do tell me. I will personally hold no person in bad flavour if you don't think of me as a good person. I will wholeheartedly agree if you had a legit reason for doing so (of which there are many) but not for lack of communication between us. It leads to misinformation being spread and bad flavour being stirred into our lovely map cake that unnecessarily is there due to communication dying unnecessarily. If you want to talk to me, do so. PM me, talk to me here or whatever, just do so. I may not reply within the hour, but I hope to reply within the day.

That's all from me now. Now please, lets don our coats and restart the walk. But lets walk together. Because united we stand.

-SKay

• Like 2

The final topic I wanted to cover in this fireside chat is personal problems and communication. If you have a problem with me, please do tell me. I will personally hold no person in bad flavour if you don't think of me as a good person. I will wholeheartedly agree if you had a legit reason for doing so (of which there are many) but not for lack of communication between us. It leads to misinformation being spread and bad flavour being stirred into our lovely map cake that unnecessarily is there due to communication dying unnecessarily. If you want to talk to me, do so. PM me, talk to me here or whatever, just do so. I may not reply within the hour, but I hope to reply within the day.

Don't worry Skay, I love you.

no homo

It is great that were moving forward and fixing the problems. We all know that communication is lacking, and we all know that it is being fixed, but how?

How exactly are we going to fix the communication gap? What exact steps are being taken?

Nice post, I am excited to get on and play more in this improved community.

Edited by Kas
  • 2 weeks later...

Wanted to point out that the reason it may have seemed that skay wasn't taking suggestions or wasn't letting anyone know about this was strictly because me and icon didn't want any promises made about this project, more so me than icon. I didn't want something promised to the community that we possibly wouldn't be able to deliver, this project was a huge long shot and liability to the jailbreak server with all of the coordinates needing to be changed as well as plugins edited. Anyways I just wanted to help clear up that since I didn't let you guys know that when I was dL.

Ps I love you guys and miss jailbreak

Wanted to point out that the reason it may have seemed that skay wasn't taking suggestions or wasn't letting anyone know about this was strictly because me and icon didn't want any promises made about this project, more so me than icon. I didn't want something promised to the community that we possibly wouldn't be able to deliver, this project was a huge long shot and liability to the jailbreak server with all of the coordinates needing to be changed as well as plugins edited. Anyways I just wanted to help clear up that since I didn't let you guys know that when I was dL.

Ps I love you guys and miss jailbreak

Then don't promise. Just say that this is a possibility, that may or may not happen.

Then don't promise. Just say that this is a possibility, that may or may not happen.

Yeah...that makes sense...no it actually really doesn't.

Saying that things may or may not happen is almost as bad as promising without knowing when it will happen.

Yeah...that makes sense...no it actually really doesn't.

Saying that things may or may not happen is almost as bad as promising without knowing when it will happen.

Right now CSGO does not really know what is next. There is no hype. Why should we stay in a community where nothing is advancing? Get us excited for something.

• Like 1