Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Voice Your Opinion On The Recently Tested Maps!

Matt B

Hello! I am making this thread so that those of you who are not able to participate in map testing can have some say about maps that we approved/disapproved. Over 50 maps have been tested and we want to share with you the ones that we feel make the cut and ones that do not.

Now with that said, the other goal of testing such a large number of maps is to get more variety on the live server. Not every map is going to be the greatest map ever made, and really good zs maps are not easy to find. But if we feel that a map can be a decent amount of fun, we want it on the server. The high variety of maps will also help diversify the map selection and keep people on the server.

So here is the list of maps. Unless there is some major bug with an approved map, i'm hoping more for you to post why a disapproved map would be good for the server rather than why an approved map will be bad. At the bottom is a spoiler with the logs we made from testing for you to see why we approved or disapproved a map.

Approved Maps:

1. zm_airport_panic_bobpoblo2
  2. zs_abandoned_mall_v6b (not replacing v6s so both versions will be on rotation)
  3. zs_ambush_v4
  4. zs_barren_vb
  5. zs_brightside
  6. zs_castle_keep_snowy
  7. zs_cheap_hotel_v2
  8. zs_darkside
  9. zs_dl_powercliff
  10. zs_farmhouse_v4
  11. zs_krustykrab_v4; exception to be like obj maps and come up less in rotation
  12. zs_last_dayz_v1
  13. zs_lighthouse_v1
  14. zs_necrotic_v3b
  15. zs_obj_dump_v10
  16. zs_obj_lambdacorev16
  17. zs_obj_vertigo_v20 (replacing zs_obj_vertigo_v14)
  18. zs_pathogen
  19. zs_snowedin_vb
  20. zs_stanley_parable_v2 (replacing zs_stanley_parable)
  21. zs_swimming_pool_v2c
  22. zs_underpass_330_v4b
  23. zs_vector
  24. zs_zedders_mall_f4

Disapproved Maps:

1. zm_backwoods_b4
  2. zm_basin_b3fix
  3. zm_diamondshoals_a2
  4. zm_downtown_v1
  5. zm_gasdump_b4
  6. zm_gilmanhouse_v2
  7. zm_mine_shaft_v1
  8. zs_bunker_vb
  9. zs_clav_massive
  10. zs_despair
  11. zs_dryfield_v3
  12. zs_equilibre_final
  13. zs_filth_v3
  14. zs_glacier_v2
  15. zs_mojave_b1
  16. zs_nowhere
  17. zs_obj_countrytrain_v3
  18. zs_obj_minecave
  19. zs_slugde_fixed3
  20. zs_splinter_v2
  21. zs_splinter_v4
  22. zs_stormier_v1
  23. zs_tag_sealed_fix1
  24. zs_urban_strain
  25. zs_zedders_mall_v1_7

Still need to be tested:

zs_highschool_v4b

zs_scrapmetal_v2_fixed

[spoiler=Testing Log]Zs_slugde_fixed3

IMI4tth3w - lighting is broken and everything is really shiney. Other wise the fix to remove the window in the OP room is good. Fix the lighting and we can get it to live. disapproved.

Zs_snowedin_vb

IMI4tth3w - looks great and fixes with zombies spawning into walls looks good. Removal of props was needed and optimization with area portal is good for fps. approved.

Zs_splinter_v4

IMI4tth3w - as a human, i spawned in a wall. Already disapproved. Disregarding that? The map is tiny and looks like it was made by a 2 year old. nope.

Zs_stanley_parable_v2

IMI4tth3w - great updates, zombie spawn fixes, and much needed fixes to the vent. Approved

Zs_swimmingpool_v2c

IMI4tth3w - zombie spawn has been moved to the top and tickle monster will no longer get stuck. Doors were added to the sides instead of the invisible barriers. Everything looks good. Approved

Zs_tag_sealed_fix1

IMI4tth3w - same lighting issues as slugde fixed3. Kevin will need to fix the lighting in order to get this up. The fixes are good and adds more variety to cading locations on the map. Although i did find some nodraw around a couple of the windows at the house with the piano.

Zs_underpass_330_v4b

IMI4tth3w - removal of the shelf was definitely needed. Although i feel like if the zombie’s teleport room was physically closer in space in the map so that they would prioritize spawning there, it would be more effective. But none the less its a good debuff of the map. Approved.

Zm_airport_panic_bobpoblo2

Marche-overpowered for humans especially with the vents

Marche-you can easily get lost

IMI4tth3w - i think map still thinks time on the server to determine how human OP it is

Zs_abandonded_mall_v6b

IMI4tth3w - community wants both versions of abandonded mall on the rotation

Zs_bunker_vb

IMI4tth3w - can still get on roof; garage door in sewage area still not breakable; tires are fixed now; IMO needs the garage door to sewage area to be breakable but still okay to bring back

Zs_cheap_hotel_v2

IMI4tth3w - Should be re-added to server rotation; good map, just got boring. Wider map selection should make it fun again

zs_dl_powercliff

IMI4tth3w - good map, was approved in a previous testing but never made it to live. Not bad. Worth putting on rotation

Marche- Worth for a good map

zs_dryfield_v3

Our version is different from the official version. This map needs to be fixed and changed name; well texture is still fucked up. Good map needs to be fixed

Zs_farmhouse_v4

IMI4tth3w - small map but an original to zs. Good to be added.

Zs_krusty_krab_v4

IMI4tth3w - great old map. Could possibly be added to come up on rotation less like objective maps do.

Zs_lighthouse_v1

IMI4tth3w - another classic map. Should be added to rotation. Might be a few OP skycading spots that need to be looked at if/when it goes live. A bit zombie sided, has roller mines that might need to be removed

Marche - Needs fair balance from zombie side, Humans can actually win this map by 70/30 with skycades only. 6/10.

Zs_mojave_b1

IMI4tth3w - 1, maybe 2 places to cade. Large with few props and little going on. Zombie sided for sure.

Marche - Even from far range, humans can actually snipe the spawn with rifles if the dusty environment is removed. Keep the environment. Zombie Sided especially with headcrabs.

Zs_nowhere

IMI4tth3w - elevator that can be broken and abused…. Removed elevator and it will be okay; sliding glass door at gas station needs to be removed as it can be abused

Marche - Let a human stay at the closing door of an elevator and it can be exploited so easily.

Zs_obj_dump_v10

IMI4tth3w - removed due to trolling with key at beggining. Needs to be changed to a switch; even still it is frequently votemapped on live with few issues.

Zs_obj_lambdacorev16

IMI4tth3w - some possible bugs but would be a good obj map. Should be okay to have on live. Also there was noted that lots of lag on the tram.

Zs_obj_minecave

IMI4tth3w - REALLY long map. Some issues with elevator. Everyone phased through. Will need to be tested again. Too buggy for live IMO

Zs_pathogen

IMI4tth3w - latest gmod has no more issues with this map. Doors are visible. Map is fixed and good to go

Zs_vector

IMI4tth3w - map made by same person as pathogen; overwhelmingly yes for this map

Zs_scrapmetal_v2_fixed

IMI4tth3w - needs to be added to debug and fast dl.. Rip

Zs_splinter_v2

IMI4tth3w - needs to be added to fastdl

Zs_stormier_v1

IMI4tth3w - just another version of zs_storm. Its okay i guess. If we are looking for quantity it will be okay for server but its basically just another zs_storm which is not very popular.

Zs_urban_strain

IMI4tth3w - human OP and very easy to troll zombie spawn. No until these issues are fixed.

Zs_zedders_mall_f4

IMI4tth3w - i have all textures in this map but others say they are still missing textures. Still good map and doesn’t make it, but some will need to have hl2 mounted. Has some noxious net posters advertising their servers but i don’t think those servers still exist.. Textures could be packed into the map and noxious ones removed.

Zs_zedders_mall_v1_7

IMI4tth3w - this version i have broken textures even with content added. Not a good version

Zm_backwoods_b4

IMI4tth3w - large map not really made for zs. Kind of like an objective map but not really.

Great Leader Kevin - Was originally a zombie master objective map. Can be refitted to an obj map.

Zs_last_dayz_v1

IMI4tth3w - really bright like ancient sands, but still playable. Might be human sided with a few OP spots. Still playable for the server

Zm_basin_b3fix

IMI4tth3w - nice map but water can be trolled as it is trigger hurt; no props and no where to cade. Meh

Zm_diamondshoals_a2

IMI4tth3w - really bad. Like an old obj map but doesn’t work. Similar to crest of waves. Lots of small obj like bringing stuff here and there.

Zm_downtown_v1

IMI4tth3w - missing textures, also kind of like an obj map, can go out of the map, confusion objectives. Not really compatible with current zs

Zm_gasdump_b4

IMI4tth3w - another obj based zm map. Easy to troll and doesn’t really work well with current zs; humans can spawn in skybox…

Zm_gilmanhouse_v2

IMI4tth3w - another obj based zm map. Not many props. You can break the radio. Broken map

Zm_mine_shaft_v1

IMI4tth3w - another obj based zm map. Nope

Zs_ambush_v4

IMI4tth3w - small map with limited cading spots

Zs_barren_vb

IMI4tth3w - part where you can go out of the map has been fixed. Good to go

Zs_brightside

IMI4tth3w - smaller spot with a couple places to cade. Good to go IMO

Zs_castle_keep_snowy

IMI4tth3w - large map, not the greatest, but should be okay.

Zs_clav_massive

IMI4tth3w - classic old shitmap. Tall tower no place to cade. Map looks unfinished.

Zs_darkside

IMI4tth3w - dark version of brightside. Same as the other. Good to go

Zs_despair

IMI4tth3w - small map, no places to cade. Few props. nope

Great Leader Kevin - Poor lighting

Zs_equilibre_final

IMI4tth3w - no place to cade, map for running around shooting not survival with cading.

Zs_filth_v3

IMI4tth3w - another noxious run and shoot map. Not for hg zs

Zs_glacier_v2

IMI4tth3w - small map, not many places to cade. Possible unbreakable doors. Elevator can be glitched. Not very good

Zs_necrotic_v3b

IMI4tth3w - roof is now fixed, but some of the ladders aren’t working. Still playable but ladders should get fixed for a future update.

Zs_obj_countrytrain_v3

IMI4tth3w - cool map but too confusing with no direction for hg zs

Zs_obj_vertigo_v20

IMI4tth3w - plays just fine, but has some nox advertisements in it but no big deal, so does v14. Prevents people from staying behind which is good. Other than that just feels more optimized and small bugs fixed. Looks good.

• Like 4

I checked description of map disapproved and i fixed 3 maps, now you can approved Bunker + Dryfield + Sludge

- MEGA

Also it is essential to put the new version of Rescapé

[spoiler=Changelog 3 maps fixed]

Changelog of 3 maps fixed

zs_Bunker_vc

- We cant no more go on roof i add player clip everywhere

- Garage door near sewage removed

zs_dryfield_v3b

- Name changed

- Fixed texture geometry fucked up http://hpics.li/3c5614e

zs_sludge_fixed4

- Fixed light fucked up