Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Introducing... D. J. Douggpound

Hello all, I'm Eric Alvarez (DJ Douggpound), from Dirty Jersey, a long time friend of Rise Above's and new recruit for HG. Years ago, when Rise and I fell in love, he showed me the one and only thing that could make him happy -- the HG Jailbreak server on CS:S. I was such a beta then I thought that counterstrike was impossible and the only fun to be had was Jailbreak, so I played it a lot. Now I'm a gn1 and can navigate about 3 maps with intermediate skill and I said "well I'd like to be a part of some community so I can keep playing when Rise isn't around to carry me." Here I am. I've met a few of you over the years who probably don't remember me, and I've played on many HG servers too, so I thought this would be the natural thing to do -- join HG. I'm excited to be a part of the community, I guess I'll talk a little bit about myself.

I've been a music nerd for a long time, I grew up doing musicals and singing in choirs, and I ended up taking 1st place for best male singer in Jersey at the All-State Choral Conference two years in a row. I did All-National and got top 100. It's that kind of obsession.

I've worked in a Gamestop, a baseball stadium, and now I work at Walmart.

I'm in my local community college right now studying music education (So basically like working in a high school or college and teaching music theory or directing choirs!) with a minor in computer science.

I started off playing games on my dad's old 386 machine, he's a computer scientist. Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit (After a considerable upgrade lol), X-COM, DooM, stuff like that.

Built my first PC in 2012, it had a 460ti and a 2500K. My 4790K died and now I'm on my 2500K again with my 980ti. lol.

Got interested in development with the Starcraft 1 map editor, then went on to use Source SDK and know a little bit of Unreal Engine.

My top 5 favorite games are,

1.) Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

2.) DotA

3.) The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

4.) X-COM: UFO Defense

5.) Starcraft/Warcraft 3

I also use my computer for music production. Here's a picture of my studio!

http://i.imgur.com/FU09q2k.jpg

I did a lot of gaming on my old Sega Genesis too, and owned consoles up to the PS3's first couple years of release, when I finally gave up and just gamed on shitty laptops until I built my PC.

I play a lot of Smash Brothers, so a second-hand Wii I bought is still getting a lot of attention.

I have a Bandcamp, I'm working on two albums right now. On here I've got one album, one single from my album and one EP.

http://revelation759.bandcamp.com/

My social media is linked to my HG, I don't know if people are allowed to see it but if you are you can add me on Facebook or Steam. It's all free range.

That's about it I guess, I mostly play dota, csgo, culling, rust, and civilization. Message me on Steam or Facebook and I'm willing to play basically whenever I'm not in work or school.

• Like 2