Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Command Abuse: !fire

---------

If you use the !fire command in Jailbreak to force the current lead to step down for the following reasons it is considered abuse.

- Excessive or over-use.

- Using the command for no reason.

- CT / T's telling people to type !fire.

- You don't like the lead's voice etc.

- You have a grudge against them.

- CT's using it to get lead.

You are only meant to use the command if lead is..

- Idle or AFK.

- Not giving orders.

- Abusing the right of lead.

What to do if someone is abusing the !fire command:

1. Warn through admin all chat. (By typing "@" at the start of public chat.)

e.g. "@ ENIGM0, Please stop abusing !fire."

2. Kick.

e.g. "!kick enigm0 Excessive use of !fire"

3. Ban for 1hr.

e.g. "!ban enigm0 60 "Excessive use of !fire" "

If the lead want's to step down they can by typing !pass

Edited by ENIGM0

A lot of Ts don't have 100 rep to use !fire, But CTs do use it against lead to get lead sometimes. But really Ts aren't abusing !fire as much as you may think. I rarely see more then 5 or 6 votes, maybe there needs to be a code written that permits someone from saying !fire more then once a round and then they can't use it again. That might cut down on the "abuse".

How is not liking the lead's attitude not a good reason for !fire? If lead's a dick and you're sick of hearing from him, !fire.

ON that note... was there any backing for this outline from higher-ups or is this just YOUR guide to !fire? I don't think you should be telling people to ban for 2 hours... over something not yet confirmed by staff.

How is not liking the lead's attitude not a good reason for !fire? If lead's a dick and you're sick of hearing from him, !fire.

ON that note... was there any backing for this outline from higher-ups or is this just YOUR guide to !fire? I don't think you should be telling people to ban for 2 hours... over something not yet confirmed by staff.

Various staff have said that using !fire for silly reasons such as attitude (unless seriously fucked up) is abusing and to treat it like you would any normal admin action, warn -> kick -> ban. I believe JJK is included in this staff but not 100%

Various staff have said that using !fire for silly reasons such as attitude (unless seriously fucked up) is abusing and to treat it like you would any normal admin action, warn -> kick -> ban. I believe JJK is included in this staff but not 100%

In other words... no this post did not have concrete backing by CSS staff before being posted and should not be taken as a MANUAL for !fire but rather as a peer suggestion for how to approach it and its abuse.

In the future, if you are going to post guidelines on server commands/features, get permission from some higher-up to do so or leave a disclaimer saying that they are only opinions and should not be taken as strict HG mandates.

I pretty much just put in words what Rizon said in-game when everyone was abusing !fire for absolutely no reason and the 2hrban was also confirmed by Rizon whilst in-game.

I don't see why it would be "abuse" if you think the guy is being a dick and wanna silence his leading, then you should be able to.... and on another note no one ever asks "Why did you want to fire so and so...." So all in all it's no big deal that some idiots are spamming or "abusing" !fire, it happens. They'll just go through the process of getting owned for spamming or abusing and admins will wipe their hands of the situation. If it's really that bad open an abuse report against everyone that uses !fire because the lead's a hog S.O.B. that no one likes, it'll get denied and you'll look stupid. Thank you and good night ;)

I pretty much just put in words what Rizon said in-game when everyone was abusing !fire for absolutely no reason and the 2hrban was also confirmed by Rizon whilst in-game.

I don't know why your looking at Rizon for this to be honest, its not his division. While he is probably correct and you should listen to him, it really needs confirmation from a CSS division leader. As we have been scaling back on 2 hour bans for arbitrary reasons that could be dealt with a warning or kick. As a side note, I believe if a lead has enough people even that want to troll him or her enough to pass a fire vote then more then likely they shouldn't be leading anyways and only after it become a constant problem should the person in question ask an admin or leader to investigate the problem.

Why cant we just remove !fire? If the lead is a dumbass and doing stupid stuff such as

-Not Talking

-Abusing Power as Admin

-AFK

-Freekilling

then we will get an admin to slay him. You dumbass's think that everytime a lead is slayed its probably abuse thats we have to resort to !fire. If anything can we make it that CT's have to be a T for a certain amount of time before being able to join the CT list? This will stop stupid freekillers and force new players to actually learn what jailbreak is...

Also can we please resort back to the regular Exclamation mark instead of typing !lead? some of us dont have a bind and we dont wanna use one so we have to spend a few seconds to realize that lead is dead and type !lead again...

Why cant we just remove !fire? If the lead is a dumbass and doing stupid stuff such as

-Not Talking

-Abusing Power as Admin

-AFK

-Freekilling

then we will get an admin to slay him. You dumbass's think that everytime a lead is slayed its probably abuse thats we have to resort to !fire. If anything can we make it that CT's have to be a T for a certain amount of time before being able to join the CT list? This will stop stupid freekillers and force new players to actually learn what jailbreak is...

Also can we please resort back to the regular Exclamation mark instead of typing !lead? some of us dont have a bind and we dont wanna use one so we have to spend a few seconds to realize that lead is dead and type !lead again...

Brian I see where your coming from but, just having admins slay leads won't be efficient, when people use !fire it's either for a reason or no reason at all, but you can't slay someone for no reason. (ex. Thinking the lead is a douche.) <-- NOT an actual reason to slay, but I would believe valid to !fire. Having !fire will keep from the scenario of all the T's disliking the lead for being a douche and forcing an admin to slay them to get a new lead, then abuse reports will open too many people will get involved in saying "Oh he wasn't abusing we didn't like that guy, blahhh!!" It would be absolutely awful.

I like having derp leads also get switched to T so that new players can learn so they aren't getting slayed for FKing because they don't know the rules, then they don't want to play again. I also like wanting to change back to just ! instead of !lead, because all the bind-whores are at the ready and it gets annoying with the same Opinionated Days of Tell Me a Joke, or Sing Me a Song. Having "Fresh Legs" would be a possible advantage because maybe that new player has a cool new game?

Thanks, TheCount