Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

cs:s Can't Hear Noises?

Sellarium

I can't hear the sounds when lead dies, someone takes lead, or bombs. Can someone explain how to fix this? I've tried restarting css and leaving the server and coming back.

Does this happen all the time or just periodically? I have a similar issue where all of a sudden the audio will stop. Closing CSS and relaunching it seems to fix it for me.

I deleted the sound files and redownloaded them. It worked for a while and then stopped working again and I repeated and it didn't work.

Do you have any custom sounds for weapons? If so make sure to delete them, if you dont im sorry but i dont know what it is then.

Argh! Now I'm having the problems on JB constantly. No sounds when lead dies or a CT takes lead.

Those are the only two sounds that I've noticed are missing. I have checked settings in CSS and full custom downloads are allowed from all servers.

QkAdHRs.png

Alrighty... I think I fixed it. If this happens to you, delete the sound.cache files in the following 3 directories (screenshotted below)

FakIZ4E.png

Restart CSS and you should be good to go.

Edited by sirius
  • Like 4