Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Perp Crash Help

Sir Jeddi00

Try setting shadow detail to medium if it isn't already set to that

If this doesn't work try verifying the integrity of your game files. Simply right click Garry's Mod in your library, click properties, and it is one of those tabs in the new window that appears.

How much memory does the laptop have? Chances are that you have too many background services running while trying to launch GMOD. This might help:

(Windows 8 users go to 4b)

1. Click start and run, or Windows Key + R together to open run

2. Type msconfig in the run line and press enter

3. click on the start up tab (if windows 8, the start up options are in task manager)

4. Un check everything apart from your firewall/antivirus software

4b. Windows 8 users will have to press CTRL + Shift + ESC to open task manager and click on start up tab

4c. Disable everything apart from your firewall/antivirus software

5. Restart your laptop

6. when it's started up open steam right click GMOD in libraries and click options and launch options

7. Type into launch options (-dxlevel 81) without the brackets, then apply and close the open windows.

8. Before opening GMOD open task manager and right click steam and set the priority to low

9. Open GMOD and click options, click video and then click advanced.

10. Look for windows aero extensions at the bottom and disable it.

11. Restart the game and try join again.

I have 3gb of RAM in my laptop and an Intel core 2 duo CPU on windows 7 and I can run it fine with no problem using them settings.

Edited by Stanie01
  • Like 1

How much memory does the laptop have? Chances are that you have too many background services running while trying to launch GMOD. This might help:

(Windows 8 users go to 4b)

1. Click start and run, or Windows Key + R together to open run

2. Type msconfig in the run line and press enter

3. click on the start up tab (if windows 8, the start up options are in task manager)

4. Un check everything apart from your firewall/antivirus software

4b. Windows 8 users will have to press CTRL + Shift + ESC to open task manager and click on start up tab

4c. Disable everything apart from your firewall/antivirus software

5. Restart your laptop

6. when it's started up open steam right click GMOD in libraries and click options and launch options

7. Type into launch options (-dxlevel 81) without the brackets, then apply and close the open windows.

8. Before opening GMOD open task manager and right click steam and set the priority to low

9. Open GMOD and click options, click video and then click advanced.

10. Look for windows aero extensions at the bottom and disable it.

11. Restart the game and try join again.

I have 3gb of RAM in my laptop and an Intel core 2 duo CPU on windows 7 and I can run it fine with no problem using them settings.

Holy cow dude, thanks for all this, im going to definately try it :) Thanks man

• 2 weeks later...