Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Random Ping Spikes In-Game.

For the past weeks, my ping in games (Mostly GMOD and CS:GO) randomly spikes and then falls back down to normal. To be more specific, the screen freezes for a brief second, followed by my ping spiking, then returning back to normal. This happens about every 30 seconds to a minute. This did not used to happen at all too, but recently has just started to happen. From what I've read, it said to verify the integrity of your game cache and update your drivers. It seems my card is outdated now and there are no drivers it seems for it now too, because I have already looked and found nothing. I have also tried verifying the integrity of the game cache as well, but still get the same result. Any fix to this? Btw, my GPU is a Geforce GTX 460 by MSI.

No man I have the same problem to constant lag spikes it came back. Check if anyone is running anything in the back round. Is there anyone the lives with you?

Yeah, but I have a pretty decent router and wi-fi extender that can handle all the devices in my home (5 people). At this point I believe it's just the house, it's quite old and has some brick walls in the basement or just objects preventing from the router reaching my PC.

Yeah, but I have a pretty decent router and wi-fi extender that can handle all the devices in my home (5 people). At this point I believe it's just the house, it's quite old and has some brick walls in the basement or just objects preventing from the router reaching my PC.

Well maybe if you connect your computer in the same room as your router it will get better connection or hook it up to a ethernet cable.