Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Antivirus

Spooky1010

Guest The_Monkey

Okay since everyone suggested malware bytes im gonna get that one and try it out!

edit: should i get the free one or torrent the full version

Thanks for asking me, since you know, I was the one who told you to get antivirus.

I choose avast plus spybot. If you don't have a router, you need a firewall as well. Also, if you feel you have been heavily affected by malware, a software firewall will help you stop their callbacks. For software firewalls, I've always leaned on zone alarm.

• Like 2

Bitdefender hands down if you have the money. It protects EVERYTHING. Facebook protection, wallet protection, firewall. Interface is awesome. It lets me know that its blocking portscans on my computer so that I can get that taken care of. I also have malwarebytes just cuz I never scan with my actual AV.

If you have no money then avast is great for free.

Guest The_Monkey

Bitdefender hands down if you have the money. It protects EVERYTHING. Facebook protection, wallet protection, firewall. Interface is awesome. It lets me know that its blocking portscans on my computer so that I can get that taken care of. I also have malwarebytes just cuz I never scan with my actual AV.

If you have no money then avast is great for free.

Are you not behind a router? How in the fuck are you getting port scanned if you are? NAT is your first (not greatest) line of defense against aggressors from the wild. Then it doesn't matter if they port scan your router. I was only suggesting a personal firewall if he is super retarded and not behind a router.

Also, facebook/wallet protection seems a bit of a facade. If you want wallet protection (what they call wallet protection is actually internet identity protection; a place to store usernames and passwords), use KeePass. Facebook protection sounds kind of funny. How the fuck do you protect facebook? It is a website.

• Like 1

Are you not behind a router?

I'm behind a modem/router combo, and it should have a firewall on it but yet I'm still getting portscanned.

Facebook protection sounds kind of funny. How the fuck do you protect facebook? It is a website

Not exactly sure how this works, this is an article on it.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/235128/protect_yourself_on_facebook_with_bitdefender_safego.html

Used them all, avg, avira, nod32, bitdefender, avast etc.

I'd recommend NOD32 or Avira.

Also learning how viruses work and how to remove them manually is also pretty important.

Edited by Vao

Guest The_Monkey

I'm behind a modem/router combo, and it should have a firewall on it but yet I'm still getting portscanned.

Not exactly sure how this works, this is an article on it.

http://www.pcworld.c...der_safego.html

If you are behind a router and are getting port scanned then you need to assess your router situation. You ought to go out and buy a router and have your ISP set your router/modem combo to passthrough/bridge mode.

As far as a facebook app to protect you from facebook....that is like wearing a condom on your oven mitt to protect you from the oven. This is a ploy to get your money.

Thanks for asking me, since you know, I was the one who told you to get antivirus.

I choose avast plus spybot. If you don't have a router, you need a firewall as well. Also, if you feel you have been heavily affected by malware, a software firewall will help you stop their callbacks. For software firewalls, I've always leaned on zone alarm.

i didnt feel like bothering a council god with my puny peasant problems so i just made a topic. btw i just checked and somehow my firewall was turned off, that kinda makes sense because i usually dont have that much malware and stuff.. so i just torrented malwarebyte premium version, ran a scan and deleted some shit it found. now my pc is working better than ever! thanks guys ;)

Guest The_Monkey

so i just torrented malwarebyte premium version, ran a scan and deleted some shit it found. now my pc is working better than ever! thanks guys ;)

LOL!

Makes me wonder what else got installed with malware bytes. So now, instead of the Russians reading whatever it is you do on your computer, the Chinese be all up in that bitch.

• Like 4

what THE FUCK should i fucking install then? every antivirus mentioned here ive tried all of them expired in 30 days and did shit and im a cheap bastard.

Avira and Avast are free.

Guest The_Monkey

Microsoft Security Essentials is pretty awesome and it's free.

Tell that to our dev servers that got infected the other day.

Microsoft Security Essentials is pretty awesome and it's free.

you know microsoft doesn't even make this anymore right?

I tend to just go for AVG and malwarebytes for the hard scrubbing

Also advanced systemcare is VERY nice; it's like all those shitty ads you always see on TV promising to fix your PC, but it actually does, and it's free