Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Computer Issue

KarmaOfPain

sounds like RAM to me, have you checked to see that your ram is working? How much ram/sticks are you running? Download memtest86 and put it on a flash drive , load into BIOS and boot from flash drive to test the ram. If you are unfamiliar with the process you can youtube it very easily.

Also check to make sure you have startup programs disabled in control panel. It could be trying to run to many programs at the same time which would result in you ram being tied up doing other things. How old is your PC and what setup are you running spec wise

Edited by RedDevil6193
l2edit

sounds like RAM to me, have you checked to see that your ram is working? How much ram/sticks are you running? Download memtest86 and put it on a flash drive , load into BIOS and boot from flash drive to test the ram. If you are unfamiliar with the process you can youtube it very easily.

Its not a hardware issue as I haven't blue screened once. Imy computer specs can be found in my profile. Also steam and google chrome crashes a lot.

Its not a hardware issue as I haven't blue screened once. Imy computer specs can be found in my profile. Also steam and google chrome crashes a lot.

Can you post specs? How much space is on your hard drives. I'm not sure you can be sure it's not a hard ware issue.

i had 4 sticks of 4gb running (16gb) total and since my MOBO slot for my ram was bad it would only run one stick at 4GB. This could very well be a hardware issue do not count that out. start with testing ram and then check MOBO. again how old is your system? stuff can stop working at anytime wether you have had it for 1 month or 4 years. If you are asking for a simple fix there probably is not one.

Copy and paste your specs? on a phone, im not going to search for them.

Edited by RedDevil6193
l2edit

i had 4 sticks of 4gb running (16gb) total and since my MOBO slot for my ram was bad it would only run one stick at 4GB. This could very well be a hardware issue do not count that out. start with testing ram and then check MOBO. again how old is your system? stuff can stop working at anytime wether you have had it for 1 month or 4 years. If you are asking for a simple fix there probably is not one.

There would of been problems early on if one of the sticks wasn't being used. This Is a new problem.

• CASE

Cooler Master HAF 922

• Motherboard

MSI 970A-G43

• CPU

AMD FX-6300

• CPU Cooler

Stock AMD Cooler

• RAM

2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

• Graphics Card(s)

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB