Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Mg_Bananas_Pineappleexpress

BanananaHead

UPDATE: (7/10/2014)

Finished up the T side of the course, changed out the wall of ladders to hanging rope-ish ladders.

Added the killing mechanics.

Tweaked some parts.

Hello peoples, this is my second map that I'm making for release. It's early in it's development, with a lack of weapons, killing mechanics, and CT side of the map.

However, the T side has what is currently the completed course before reaching the would be weapons at the center of the map (The CT and T sides both head to the middle)

I'm really just looking for feedback regarding what you guys think of the course itself. It includes: Climb, Surf, Rotating Platforms, Different Rotating Platforms, Strafing, BHop, Ladders, Maze, Falling and avoiding stuff, falling strafe, water maze, and other stuff.

The course is intended to be difficult, since the first team that gets to the guns (M4A4/M4A1, AK47, SG553, AUG, Scout, Famas, Galil) gets relatively easy kills, since I plan on allowing players to pick up basic pistols while going through the course (Glock, P2000/USP, P250, Dualies, Fiveseven, Tec9).

I made the course significantly longer this time around since that was a major complaint about my previous map (mg_RunToTheFinish), as well as the previous map being too easy. So I've taken the input into consideration and have made adjustments.

I appreciate any and all comments and (constructive) criticism.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8enkmz8j46e9h9k/mg_bananas_pineappleexpress_alpha.bsp

[spoiler=Older Version:]http://www.mediafire...press_early.bsp

To install, simply refer to Joey's Mg_Devcourse thread within the WIP forums :3

PS: I have completed the course in one life, even on default CS:GO settings.

Edit: Spelling/Grammar and added stuff

Edit2: Changed the link to the newest version.

Edited by BanananaHead

So I've played it through entirely and I gotta say it's a real challenge. I think it's wonderful and would really be a great addition to MG once finalized. Here's some of my feedback/suggestions:

• The shadows need to be fixed or removed because they create a weird/unwanted kinda look.
  • Maybe make the surf parts a bit smoother because it's really choppy when we slide on it (like the placement of the blocks are a bit off)
  • This part, I assume you have to strafe it, allows the player to just walk on the platform to the other side without strafing. Also, the spinning block is not centered.
  • These spinning platforms are easily stopped and glitched, and they also create an annoying sound when they are stopped. This could potentially be a way of trolling/griefing on the server. I'd recommend either replacing it with something or removing it.
  • When you get to the part after the water where you have to jump onto the signs, make it a bit more clear (for the second one) that you have to jump on the sign to teleport.
  • The second surf part (near the end) is also a bit choppy and uncomfortable. Because of the weird angle (idk if that's what you were going for), you lose tons of speed. Also, you don't need a decent amount of speed to finish that part.

Once again, I'm just telling you what can improve on, so no h8 <3. Love the map and it's difficulty! (and the name)

• These spinning platforms are easily stopped and glitched, and they also create an annoying sound when they are stopped. This could potentially be a way of trolling/griefing on the server. I'd recommend either replacing it with something or removing it.

Well, the other parts of that section aren't getting stopped or glitched... so to be honest I'm kind of thinking "Meh"... it doesn't impair people's ability to complete the course. It's mainly the ones that are pointed towards the walls that seem to get stopped/glitched.

1. Bugged spawn point.

2. Triangles are buggy and probably should be centered around the rotation point.

3. Distracting water reflections on the water climb.

4. In general don't make maps in a box and fill it, it makes the whole map render at once and can cause poor performance.

4. In general don't make maps in a box and fill it, it makes the whole map render at once and can cause poor performance.

Short is right this is a big nono. You could have leaks in your map and you wouldn't even know it cause there is no way to find it cause the box patches it. Then people can see through the cracks which looks really bad. Then as short said it cause terrible rendering and the compiling takes so much longer. Try to remove the box and patch any leaks if you can msg me on steam if you are having trouble

• 2 months later...