Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Crashing Upon Entering Console (~) / Using Esc Key

Paper

So,

Since I've played PERP 3.0, and I'm pretty sure this isn't a server-specific issue (although I haven't tested it recently..), I've been unable to use the console (~) or the ESC Menu without having the game crash entirely. I've only ever encountered this issue in the context of PERP 3.0.

Anyone know what the issue might be? Help would be much appreciated. As you can imagine, not being able to access the console is quite the nuisance; the ESC key I could do without..

EDIT: It also happens on more than one computer..

Edited by Paper

• Executive Council

The GMod update. :/

The console is completely client side. The server has no ability to alter or control what you do with the console.

No, to my knowledge, it is not a product of the (recent) GMOD Update - not the one on (tuesday?) anyhow, as it didn't work even before that.

Yeah, I'm aware that it is in fact clientside. However, it only occurs whilst running PERP 3.0. (again, haven't tried it on other servers)

Any other possibilites? I do run an "FPS fix" (w/ modified launch options, namely "-dev -console -novid -dxlevel 81 +cl_showfps") on both affected computers.. could that have any sort of effect? I haven't tried removing that, but I'll do so as soon as I get chance. The console works outside of the server..

UPDATE: Just attempted to use the console with the launch options removed.. still crashes, so I guess that wasn't the issue.

Edited by Paper

• Executive Council

Try another server. Again, I seriously cannot see how our PERP server would cause crashing when you open console. As I've stated before the server cannot set or control anything you do with the ESC menu and definitely not the console. The console is from base Source engine.