Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Hammer doesnt start

Patr!ck

I was bored today and started thinking hm..i should try making a map! so i read up on it for 40 minutes watch some youtube videos, i go on steam and download SDK. Open it, double click hammer, it opens i see a hammer logo then it says hammer.exe has stopped working and closes. i tried reinstalling it, downloading base as well, nothing works. Any ideas?

I was bored today and started thinking hm..i should try making a map! so i read up on it for 40 minutes watch some youtube videos, i go on steam and download SDK.

I did that too... download and install Source SDK...

Open it, double click hammer, it opens i see a hammer logo then it says hammer.exe has stopped working and closes. i tried reinstalling it, downloading base as well, nothing works. Any ideas?

I had the same problem, then I downloaded Source SDK Base and then opened up hammer and it worked just fine for me ever since...

I did not have to do any configs, hammer just started working fine once I installed Source SDK base after the Source SDK install...

Specs:

Intel Quad Core 6700.. 2.6G

Memory: 8 GB

Video: ATI Radeon 4670 HD

O/S: Windows Ultimate - 64B ver

-the pup

• 4 weeks later...