Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Mariokart Crits: Remove Jetpack

Let's get serious here for a second. Crit servers are mad fun, and we all know this. They can make for a good time if people know how to not ruin it.

But ruining a good time is all that happens nowadays on the HG Mario Kart crit servers.

Why is this happening? I would say to look around, but the answer lies above.

Jetpack. t's not much of a secret about it anymore, and people are more than willing to hand out the jetpack command to every single Tom, Dick, and Harry that drops in, even for a moment.

People are starting to live in fear of people who know and compulsively depend on the use of the jetpack. It's a major annoyance and promotes reckless abandon as well as dangerously over-inflated egotism.

Everyone's doing it. Scout. Heavy. Demoman. Scout again. Spy. Sniper. Another Heavy. That same Scout. Soldier. Spy again. Scout.

I propose a simple resolution to restore both popularity on your servers, as well as global faith in humanity; a simple disabling of the jetpack plugin on the server. This subtle change will dramatically change the way the server is played on, and will definitively promote more of a grounded approach to any other players.

When everyone's flying about, the server is nothing but rage filled anarchy.

Re-establish order within your ranks. Remove jetpack on the HG Mario Kart servers, even if for a little while, and you will restore so much faith to so many people.

Sincerely,

Trump Lester.

P.S. I understand the voice of one person may not be very convincing to the lot of you, but I believe I speak for so many frustrated players who are simply too fed up with the idiocy this plugin entails. Just hear me out.

When everyone's flying about, the server is nothing but rage filled anarchy.

I've got news for you - that server has always been full of rage filled anarchy. I spend most of my time on the ground on that server as I prefer shooting at people from the ground. From the time I've spent on that server I would say that most players do not abuse jetpack.

For those that do... go spy or sniper and shoot em down. That or launch some hoovycopters to combat them :)

I tried to read what you posted and maybe I'm just a little distracted with work, or maybe you wrote this very poorly. You want jetpack removed because everyone in the server is having fun? I remember when I added the command to the server people were thrilled. They thanked me for adding something new and fun to the server. It's also never been a huge secret how to use the jetpack command. No seriously it's never been a secret. People just seem to skip the MOTD that clearly shows you all the commands for the server that people can use

https://hellsgamers.com/messageoftheday/mario

+sm_jetpack (Bind a key to this command in order to fly as long as you are holding down the bound key.)

I loved jetpack on this server, i had yet to find a mario kart server with great people and this amazing mod. But some people started complaining about it because they refused to use the mod itself and wanted it removed asap. Jetpack gave me lots of new ways to escape and engage, also flying conga :3. But now that u just removed it, it feels boring and like I could just play on any old crappy server. But I like this one. Please bring jetpack back.

I loved jetpack on this server, i had yet to find a mario kart server with great people and this amazing mod. But some people started complaining about it because they refused to use the mod itself and wanted it removed asap. Jetpack gave me lots of new ways to escape and engage, also flying conga :3. But now that u just removed it, it feels boring and like I could just play on any old crappy server. But I like this one. Please bring jetpack back.

I removed it for a day to see what people would do. Tell people from that server to post in this thread what they think of the current change right now. Do they hate jetpack? Do they love it? Do they wanna have sex with it?

I played before jetpack was introduced to the server, it was great fun. But one day when I logged in, something was off, it just felt... wrong. Oh yeah, that was the day jetpack was added. Heavies, everywhere, just sitting above the enemy spawnpoint, aiming straight down, their medics beside them. Spies, using jetpack on the ground to gain a massive speed boost and advantage against other players, nobody being able to land a single hit. I love this server, I really do. But when more than a third of your deaths happen because someone wants to become "Hoovycopter", that's when it gets tiring and rather repetitive.

TL;DR: Jetpack bad, rocky earth good

Edited by I Was Here