Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Fake Hg Tags

AntBlanc

As part of asking them to remove the tags, point them to the website and ask them to apply for recruit. I've gone as far as adding them on Steam to talk to them and showing them how to apply. I find that the folks who do this just want to belong to the community and may not understand the process or that they're doing anything wrong.

If they ignore you and continue then follow the warn/kick/ban procedures.

• Like 6

As part of asking them to remove the tags, point them to the website and ask them to apply for recruit. I've gone as far as adding them on Steam to talk to them and showing them how to apply. I find that the folks who do this just want to belong to the community and may not understand the process or that they're doing anything wrong.

That's actually pretty smart. I never thought about doing all that.

• Like 1

man..that's HG reppin right thurrrr <3

edit: def made me think there's an HG way of doing things and a wrong way of doing things...ty sirius <3..will also try to live to be a great example like that.

Edited by VaL SqUaTs *n* SqUeAkS
  • Like 1

Sometimes I find more often than not they are just being trolls. I've had to kick people several times for impersonation and fake member tags like that.

Sometimes I find more often than not they are just being trolls. I've had to kick people several times for impersonation and fake member tags like that.

Really? I've played here for a few years and I don't think I've ever run in to a single instance where that was the case. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just saying that each time I've reached out to someone they've always said, "Oh, I thought I could wear the tags and be a part of the clan" and then they've gone and registered.

So, about a week or 2 ago, I ran into someone with the fake [HG] tag and told him to remove it cause he thought he could wear it since he paid for admin. He did remove the tag after I told him and showed him to the website to apply, but I haven't seen that application yet.