Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Server Maps Not Downloading

So a few days ago someone posted a console command that turns off downloading maps when joining (I did this for JB to load in faster.)

I have now forgotten the console command, and can no longer get into servers that I have to download maps for, It just comes up with "Missing map......."

Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

try with following console commands:

• cl_downloadfilter all
  • cl_allowdownload 1
  • cl_allowupload 1

or go to your main (downloaded css maps) folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\maps" and whatever map has got a error, just delete it and join back to the server to redownload it.

or go to your main (downloaded css maps) folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\maps" and whatever map has got a error, just delete it and join back to the server to redownload it.

Assuming this is CSGO since it's the CSGO subforum. So in case you can't figure out the directory, here it is.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\maps

You can try the options that UnPreprared_ has presented to you or you can try to put cl_downloadfilter "all" into an autoexec.cfg and maybe that will work, other then that you can download the map separate and put it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\maps" but I don't recommend that because you will have to continue to keep doing that for every map downloaded. Good luck and I hope you get your problem fixed. Wait you can also try to do it this way by going through these options which does work for some people.

1. Make sure you have Internet Explorer on your computer.

2. Make sure Internet Explorer is your default browser. (Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > Programs > Click "make default".)

3. While you are still in the Internet Options box click the Connections tab.

4. Click LAN settings/proxy settings.

5. Click "Automatically detect settings".

Some people say that Steam uses IE to download from fast download so that might be the case. It's your choice on which option you want to try.

Edited by DeathSpawn