Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Question For All The Tech Geeks Out There.

Clark

I'm thinking about ditching cable tv and getting a streaming device.

Anyone here ever used Roku or Chromecast, or something similar?

Need some advice or comments about real world experience.

Here's a pic of my cowardly dog to entice you to help me....

WISW2Vp.jpg

Thanks ahead of time!

My wife likes to watch alot of network tv shows. NCIS and Law and order :SVU in particular. It doesn't have to be up to date, ie the latest episode, but I cant seem to find any any of these that do network tv at all.

If you like Apple, Chromcast won't work with an IPad, only Android tablets. Learned that the hard-way and returned the Chromcast for a refund.

I have an iPad Air and can use Chromecast with it.

I recommend the Chromecast (haven't used a Roku before) but remember you can only use it to stream apps like Netflix, Hulu and Youtube to your TV.

Check out this link for more details on apps that work with the Chromecast.

https://www.google.com/chrome/devices/chromecast/apps.html#marquee-slide-youtube

I have an iPad Air and can use Chromecast with it.

I recommend the Chromecast (haven't used a Roku before) but remember you can only use it to stream apps like Netflix, Hulu and Youtube to your TV.

Check out this link for more details on apps that work with the Chromecast.

https://www.google.c...e-slide-youtube

Yea that sounds right, I was trying to get a website video to run from my iPad to my LED TV. Only Apps like Youtube, Netflix, etc. seemed to work. No streaming sports games or videos from any websites.

My wife likes to watch alot of network tv shows. NCIS and Law and order :SVU in particular. It doesn't have to be up to date, ie the latest episode, but I cant seem to find any any of these that do network tv at all.

Yeah non of them will do that. You will get some on hulu, but most take a while to get on netflix.

I bought chromecast back when my gf and I didn't have cable. Got cable installed and never use it anymore. Netflix/hulu didn't really cut it and it was a pain to go to amazon or whatever to search for a show I still had to pay for.

Just my opinion.