Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

The Other Side Of The Opinion

It's no new topic of anger to me when I see anyone complain about resized players. On an average day on the MC servers, I at least had two people critcizing me for using resized. So what? Who cares? The point of trade servers is to do exactly that: trade. Right? I mean, I've seen multiple people get warned for bitching about spawncamping and how they die because the "versus" aspect of the servers was almost completely irrelevant. You're either there to trade or to hang out, not sit around and cry about how someone killing you is unfair.

The only reason why I state these things is because you might as well just remove the ability to gain VIP by top 10 scores in the servers now. I mean, other than tricking people into thinking any of your hats are unusuals now, it's pretty useless being VIP. (this coming from a guy who did not obtain VIP through vaccinator abuse)

My suggestion is to bring back !resizeme, but to restrict it's use to the server you have VIP on, unless you paid for VIP. If I gained VIP on one server, I wouldn't expect that to carry over to every TF2 trade server hosted by hellsgamers. This way each server would only have a maximum of 10 players able to use the command (or you could shrink that down to top 3) and would open up a greater possibility for other players to try and get VIP. Give that a thought for a second. Shrinking top 10 to top 3 and restricting VIP to the server you gained it on would generate more traffic in the server. Players would be spending extra time trying to get VIP and would be more encouraged to play. It's basically a tactic at raising popularity, something I'd enjoy on the server I've stuck with.

But again, the people complaining about resizeme were the exact ones who probably had the least business being on a trade server.

Edit: If we're going to continue about unfair things in the servers, being able to use guns in the boxing arena should be top priority, especially since there's resupply chests that allow you to spam guns infinitely

Edit 2: Giving this whole thing more thought, I came to this conclusion: The real issue here wasn't the use of !resizeme, it was how many players were using it. Going by my suggestion, you'd considerably reduce that problem without making VIP almost useless.

Edited by TruckPunchline
  • Like 1