Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Caniyellnow Best Event Idea

DetectiveYellNow

• Picture (Or description of picture): Provided with help of MS Paint.
  • What: The concept is that there are 2 teams, while one from each team will be selected randomly to be the vip to be in a cage suspended over lava.
    The point of this is to see which team can:
    1. Eliminate the VIP by pressing a button to plunge him into the lava.
    2. Eliminating the other team first.
    So in a concept I believe this is a good event idea, just I need help getting it created. And I want to call it VIP Bodyguard DM.
    To see which team can win by fighting it out in the battle area in the middle, or by using stealth to get to the button first. (You can have like underground section or vents to crawl around in)
  • Who: Everybody
  • Rules: Basic Server Rules. No teamkilling as in a CT or Red player can not press the button to the cage your vip is in.
  • Prizes (If you're having any): no
  • Extra Information (If neccessary): If tf2 does this, no spys or at least he can't wear the watch that regen cloak when he is invisible. Also note the glass you can see through, but you can not shoot through it,

Do note that the image provided is the idea of what it will be like, not how it will look like. A map needs to be made. And I would ask a mapper to make it!

post-21342-0-19463900-1413416007_thumb.png

Edited by CanIYellNow@
  • Like 4

Do you have the plugin for this ?

edit : How about a TDM?

You have 2 teams and every team has juan V.I.P. objective is to kill the enemy V.I.P. (thats how you get points)

and protect your V.I.P. they will have a special weapon and model as well and health.

Would be shitty for 1 player to sit there for 2min long and just waiting to get dropped in lava lol

Edited by UnPrePared_

Do you have the plugin for this ?

edit : How about a TDM?

You have 2 teams and every team has juan V.I.P. objective is to kill the enemy V.I.P. (thats how you get points)

and protect your V.I.P. they will have a special weapon and model as well and health.

Would be shitty for 1 player to sit there for 2min long and just waiting to get dropped in lava lol

No, what you suggested is just no.

The point of the game is to protect while kill the other vip. In a team deathmatch battle.

All I'm doing is basically what previous games cut out. Like tf classic when you had the protect the vip maps, or counterstrike which had the same thing.

I want to try to bring back that experience, because a player was selected randomly to be the vip and he face almost certain doom, and got only a cane, or a pistol to protect himself.

I don't want to give a VIP a

V.I.P. they will have a special weapon and model as well and health.
because that would be dumb and over power the VIP. Because he is a normal guy who is nothing special, except wearing the title special person. And to be suspended over lava in a cage helpless.

Anyone with questions please meet me on teamspeak.

Edited by RedDevil6193
l2edit

Re-reading this, whoever is hanging in the cage is going to be bored as fuck.

Fine we'll redo it to he is the commander of the operation and tells people what to do, while interacting with the team to win.

And falling into a pool of lava is his fault for not being the best coach for his team.

Edited by CanIYellNow@

No, what you suggested is just no.

The point of the game is to protect while kill the other vip. In a team deathmatch battle.

All I'm doing is basically what previous games cut out. Like tf classic when you had the protect the vip maps, or counterstrike which had the same thing.

I want to try to bring back that experience, because a player was selected randomly to be the vip and he face almost certain doom, and got only a cane, or a pistol to protect himself.

I don't want to give a VIP a because that would be dumb and over power the VIP. Because he is a normal guy who is nothing special, except wearing the title special person. And to be suspended over lava in a cage helpless.

Anyone with questions please meet me on teamspeak.

Alright not special weapons but just a pistol is fear enough, but vip needs 150 health

If the two VIPs were suspended into an area high enough that they could see parts of the map, they could definitely help call out routes and areas that were less filled, as well as ask for defense from another where the enemy is pushing, no need for special weapons or health if they can't get shot, so yeah, that's where the commander aspect, as Yell says, could come into play, and of course, the vents will be the tricky part, as they can send their people in, but not exactly know just how many of the opposing force the other guy might have put there.

• Like 1