Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Build Request For 980

i have been acquiring some of the parts already through new egg but just want a little advice and the CPU/MOBO.

Little info on the parts i already have

Corsair K70 case

EVGA supernova 750w G1 80 plus gold cert.

16gb G skill sniper 1866 ram

Intel 240gb SSD

WD 1TB black HDD.

My next purchase is going to be the EVGA GTX 980 (my case has a big window and i like how they kept the looks of the titan)

I do not really plan to overclock it but would love to have that option available in case i ever want to

PS. Don't start another flame war.

Thanks,

Poostar

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice build. As a comparison between AMD and Intel processors, AMD tends to have more cores, higher clock speeds and basically more raw power. They really accel with applications that require multiple threads. Intel on the other hand has better single threaded performance and I feel better optimization. If you are getting a build strictly for gaming, Intel is probably the way to go since games have not really taken advantage of multiple threads and cores. They are definitely moving towards that direction so that is something to think about.