Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Problems With Internet Connection

PoorStar_Nutbag

So i just built a new PC and i had some problems with a program that came on a CD that has all my drivers for the Motherboard that i bought. It is called "killer network manager" and it seems its trying to do just that. First install i did caused a memory leak the was taking up about 95% ram usage even at idle with no programs running. Re-installed and it fixed that problem. Today i turn my computer on and i see that i am not getting a steady internet connection and it would not even let me load a webpage. After a few google searches i found other people had problems with the program and said all they had to do was close it in the "process's" tab of task manager. Doing this fixed my problem and now i am back with a good connection. My question really is are there other ethernet port drivers or programs i can use? This one that came with the MOBO sucks.

Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-G1 Sniper

I7 4790K

EVGA GTX 980 SC

8GB G. Skills sniper 1866

240Gb Intel SSD

EVGA 750w G+ 80

Corsair H100i

Remove the shitty software and use the drivers that come with windows (if on 8.1 it should have 90% of drivers out of the box).

I dont think it does, I installed this copy of windows 8.1 and it would not connect to the internet until i installed this crap software, would not even pick up internet through a wired connection.

Edited by PooStar_Nutbag

I dont think it does, I installed this copy of windows 8.1 and it would not connect to the internet until i installed this crap software, would not even pick up internet through a wired connection.

Buy a new network card if the connection isnt good or download a driver from gigabyte Edited by UnPrePared_