Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Decent Laptop

Silly

I was thinking about buying a new laptop this christmas, and this is one that i found and was interested in. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-geek-squad-certified-refurbished-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i3-4gb-memory-750gb-hdd-sparkling-black/7609006.p?id=1219281544834&skuId=7609006

my maximum price ill pay is $500 and it doesn't have to be amazing, but I would like to be able to run games such as gmod, css, csgo, tf2, at around 50fps if possible. I know my price range is low considering I'd have to pay more for a laptop, but if anyone has some suggestions on a decent laptop within my price range, that would be greatly appreciated.

with that budget your not going to get much performance out of 500$ games will be playable but i dont see it being satisfying, my first suggestion would be to ditch best buy because there are better places to buy from that wont tax you or charge for shipping and you might even be able to use a coupon code to save more, best buy wont.

Like for instance dell is having a 35% percent off sale and you could get a good deal on a refurb and spend 500$ on somthing that is worth around 800$

Or you could build a 500$ gaming PC that would blow any 1000$ laptop out of the water

• Like 1

with that budget your not going to get much performance out of 500$ games will be playable but i dont see it being satisfying, my first suggestion would be to ditch best buy because there are better places to buy from that wont tax you or charge for shipping and you might even be able to use a coupon code to save more, best buy wont.

Like for instance dell is having a 35% percent off sale and you could get a good deal on a refurb and spend 500$ on somthing that is worth around 800$

Or you could build a 500$ gaming PC that would blow any 1000$ laptop out of the water

I've considered building a desktop, but I realized that's just not really a great option for me because that's too much room & not easy for me. thanks for the suggestion and advice though!

I've considered building a desktop, but I realized that's just not really a great option for me because that's too much room & not easy for me. thanks for the suggestion and advice though!

You could put together something in a smaller case, and its a whole lot easier then you think.

Benefits from building your own.

1. you become your own geek squad because you know how it works

2. You get way better fps and performance for 500$ then any laptop for 1000$

3. you can upgrade in the future. sell your old parts and buy new ones.

Benefits of owning a laptop.

Being portable is useful but i have yet to see many laptops that have a good battery life, especially for when playing games.

I own a macbook but only use it for netflix in the living room and traveling with, other then that it is a 1200 Piece of shit...

I guess what i am saying is be smart and if you dont have room, make room. That laptop you listed is a POS and will most likely be dead in less then a year or two due to laptops having no room to breathe and overheating parts. which overtime the heat cause wear and tear on your parts is what slows down these laptops to the point of making them useless

• Like 1

If you dont have room look at mini pc's as an option, most of them are crap but this one is ok and will game. also included a video review about it and some benchmarks of how it performs, price on amazon is 515$

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KX8OX2K/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00KX8OX2K&linkCode=as2&tag=techoftomo-20&linkId=RP5NEHTM6Q23PZJH