Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zs Weapon Suggestions

zoomy

Or i can just suggest in here, one of the issues with weapons is that they need to look the same as all the other css weapons currently in zs. Ive seen plenty of ttt/other css weapons that could make a huge impact on the server. @papajohn its not that hard to make an sg552 and give it stats using the css model, or any of the autosnipers in that game like the g3. If hg would actually introduce new weapons into their servers it would realy affect its popularity. The quackers incident only happened because of the weapons and balancing they introduced. It was a neat little spin on zs. Zs is currently broken into the top dogs and the 15 people pop servers, hg can steal the pop from those low servers and have a community like back in summer of 2013 where it was almost 90 people on at all times.

I see this issue in the part where hg has 1 primary coder who reads the forums and updates things based on his evaluation on an unset schedule. THe main backbone keegan is never on and goes on like month long breaks through the forest to find himself or something. You had a coder willing to actively update the server for free because he loved zs but didn't take the opportunity. I dont think hg will ever get back to the summer of 2013.

Ps i wrote this on my phone so rip

• Like 1

The problem with adding new weapons is they traditionally fall into one of two categories: top tier and not top tier weaponry. Now it is the top tier weapons which end up getting the most use while the rest of the weapons are used few and far between (if at all). So while it is, as Fuzzy indicated, very easy for me to add an SG-553 or a new sniper rifle, why would I if they will be a novelty for a few days and never get used again? The simple truth is we don't need new weapons or at least not traditional weapons (more of one off gag weapons) because the variety that already exists in ZS covers pretty much all the different play styles. Now that isn't to say I am completely opposed to new weapons (quite the opposite actually), I just do not believe they are as mission critical to the server as some people claim and I believe such claims are an oversimplification of the actual needs of the server.

As far as the updates are concerned, everything I do is either vetted through leadership or veteran players of the server (sometimes both). They are by no means done on a whim and are given careful consideration before implemented on the server and are then subsequently modified based on player feedback (the way most game development occurs). Now the frequency of these updates, which Fuzzy also pointed out, have been a concern for some time and stem from myself and Kigen's school / work lives. So when I initially heard that some members of the community wanted to develop for the server I was thrilled. I informed those that brought it to my attention that those members should contact me directly with interest concerning further development of the ZS server. Unfortunately, no one took me up on that offer and I have yet to hear from anyone directly about contributing work to the server. So I find the idea ludicrous that we didn't accept third-party development help, as I extended the invitation multiple times to several individuals.

As an aside, Fuzzy I'm not entirely sure why you are so jaded about the situation but it sounds like this was something you should have talked to me directly about, instead of just repeatedly making posts on the forums stating you don't like the direction the server is going.

The only reason the majority of weapons aren't used is because the balance on them is crap. I guarantee if the smgs were buffed, mid tier assaults were buffed that they would be used regularly. Glock obsoletes the other pistols in 90% of gameplay. Solution? Jetboom nerfed it to 17x3 instead of 19x3 and now people use all of the starter pistols again. The smgs are bad in general but UMP and silencer stand out for excellent dps and highest damage per bullet. I find it hard to believe that changing the lesser used weapon's damages, and nothing else, wouldn't bring them back into majority use.

They don't even have to be better than other guns to be used, just comparable. A sprayer doing 22 damage per bullet still has lower dps than silencer and lower damage per bullet than reaper ump, but there are times it would be the best choice based on accuracy and magazine size. Changes like that wouldn't be overpowered because the original guns would still be better.

I made suggestions on weapon strengths ages ago (back when I had maybe 200 hours on zs) and I was told it was "implausible" to change the stats. Bullshit. weapon_zs_bulletstorm.lua ---> SWEP.Primary.Damage = 18 and it's done. It can even be done while the server is active without trouble. I don't enjoy playing on hg anymore for a variety of reasons, but one of them is because the only good guns are the glock, sweeper, boomstick, and adonis. Everything else is pretty useless. Not your fault, but it's easily fixable.

PS. grim is still useless

PPS. On impaler bolts

phys:EnableMotion(false)

self:EmitSound("physics/metal/sawblade_stick"..math.random(3)..".wav")

self.DieTime = CurTime() + 8

into

self.DieTime = CurTime() + 2

Edited by Matt Marche
  • Like 3