Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

The Purge

TheAtrocity

So I've been inspired by a certain fellow member's idea of what they call "The Purge". Basically, it's when teamkilling is allowed. To be honest, almost everyone enjoys it. I'm pretty confident that an overwhelming majority would like it if they weren't so new to the HG server or the concept of "The Purge", or even possible the suddenness of it.

What I propose is to make The Purge a REGULAR "ZS Event" open to the general public, say every 24 hours. This will STILL put emphasis on traditional GMod ZS, as many players are used to and enjoy playing, but at the same time introducing a "Hunger Games/Purge/Walking Dead-style ZS twist. There could be a small timer on the top left to indicate time left for The Purge so as to give 1) earnest players to prepare and 2) unwilling players to leave for a short amount of time before rejoining.

I believe since many people find this innovative idea interesting and actually entertaining in numerous aspects, this may raise our 1) ranking, 2) popularity, 3) retention rates, and 4) overall population (and core supporters)

Here are some suggestions (note form):

>The Purge Event every 24 hours, probably in the afternoon.

>A SET of specific maps ideal for the event (some for variety; run n' gun flatgrass? Team vs. Team abandoned mall -smaller cades may add some fun-?)

>2-3x longer pre-wave 1 "intermission" so as to allow sufficient load/barricade/planning times.

>Allow ONLY fresh dead to spawn

>Restrict higher tier weaponry until the waves progress

>Increased human HP by some amount

>Intermission: no zombie spawning, no team killing, all those alive are returned to FULL hp

>Last human alive gets 300-400? (just a thought, numbers can be changed)

*Some feedback, additions, subtractions, and edits are appreciated! :')

Edited by TheAtrocity
  • Like 8

Sounds like a plan. I am currently working to overhaul our existing event system to make it more robust and structured. The Purge, along with other events, will be included in this new system and it will follow a schedule (albeit a slightly randomized one). Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 5

Sounds like a plan. I am currently working to overhaul our existing event system to make it more robust and structured. The Purge, along with other events, will be included in this new system and it will follow a schedule (albeit a slightly randomized one). Thanks for the suggestion!

Nice!!!!!!!! bring on the carnage!

• 3 weeks later...

yea i think a DarkRP map would be good and one that nobody really knows so we can all be noobs on that map

There's an old very good map for ZS called "zs_final_fantasy" or something like that. It's a complete arena and could be used as scrap for your event plans.

If not, I'll provide an excellent map in my gmod folder.

• 1 month later...

domino's pizza has nothing on you!