Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Can't Decide....

Shaman

Alrighty then. I've been told I'm going to be getting a few Best Buy Gift cards for Christmas and I'm looking at keyboards. I've narrowed it down to 2 and can't decide between the two as they both have features that I like.

First.

Steelseries Apex.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=23-239-024

Second

Corsair K70

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816030&cm_re=Corsair_K70-_-23-816-030-_-Product

Which one do people suggest and why? I like both but I'm drawn to the Steelseries because of how the dedicated Media keys are set. Buuuuut at the same time the K70 is effing mechanical!

K70 > apex any day. Mechanical switches are superior to membrane switches.The volume roller on my K70 RGB works perfectly and i think if anything i wish it was a little more sensitive. Do you use a number pad at all? If not get the K65 its a little more compact and is what i wish i would have bought but that is just my opinion

Edited by PooStar_Nutbag

K70 > apex any day. Mechanical switches are superior to membrane switches.The volume roller on my K70 RGB works perfectly and i think if anything i wish it was a little more sensitive. Do you use a number pad at all? If not get the K65 its a little more compact and is what i wish i would have bought but that is just my opinion

I do actually use the number pad a bit and it is one of the main things that I was looking for besides the dedicated media keys. I'm going to be getting the K70 unless I see a different mechanical I like better for same price.