Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Fresh Spawn

Shaman

Alright so I'm wondering if people might have suggestions (This is for the standalone version) on where to head first when fresh spawning? I had a character that I was so completely lost with but had decent gear (Until an Arm and Leg was broken by a zombie). And then there have been the few recently where I've been able to figure out where I am and headed to Elecktro and was killed three times the first by another player and the second 2 because I ended up with a horde behind me and yeah....

Where is the best place to head first? I've seen online that it always says to head inland first and then figure out where you are going but that didn't see to work well for me. I know how to tell the directions and can generally figure out where I'm going but having just started (don't mind wandering) was wondering where people generally gather and whatnot.

It REALLY depends on where you spawn. Along the coast, there are some major cities to consider like Cherno and Electro (high pop cities so you might die). But other places that are nice along the coast is like Berezino or the east in general. When you loot, you want to just loot cities and occasionally go to some Airfield so you can find some decent gear there. Having a map on another screen or some external device is also recommended to see where you're going.

No matter where you spawn this guide will do you.

Use road signs and figure out where you are. If you are along the coast you only have the following to worry about;

• A) Head left

Heading left along the coast if you're any way right of Balota is a good choice to make. Around Cherno/Electro there are plenty of area's to arm yourself and loot. Do not go any further than Kamenka; it's empty fields and isn't kept in check by the game what so ever.

• B) Head right

Heading right along the coast is a good idea if you are any further away from Electro than Kruoty Cap. At that turn in the coastline you are equidistant from Cherno (the true looting ground) and places like Berezino (well at least it's outskirts) and Berezino has a lot more building real estate and variety. You'll find a good variation up there. This also is closeby the (although relegated down from Military to Civilian Grade) North East Airfield where you can find kit that isn't the easiest to find.

If for whatever reason you spawn inland, you have two options (nice isn't it :D);

• A) Head to the Coast

This is usually what people do. It's the way it's been done since the early days of the DayZ Mod; the coast allows players to navigate through 60% of the lootable portion of the map without having to worry about logistics of spacial awareness, positional awareness and awareness of travel. You can then follow what I wrote above.

• B) Stick inland

This is what veteran's (myself included) usually do, even going so far as to move inland even as a fresh spawn. Since update .51, helicopter crash sites have become absolutely vital for the best military gear (M4's, Rifle Rigs with internal backpacks and the like) and since us vet's aren't too fussy with what we do in between, we usually do this method. I'd say start off on the coast and once you know your way around; head inland.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the replies! I tried heading to Electro a number of times and usually end up dying. Longest run was about 5 hours hjeading inland before dying of broken bones + zombie. I'm I'll be back online tonight and see what I can do. I was given a Free netbook which should work decently well for getting a map up or I might just print a giant one onto my wall so can make notes as I go along.

On the note of the Heli crash sites.

I was heading towards the military base in middle of map before I died and there supposedly were a few in area but never saw one.

So far I'm loving this game. They basically give you bare nothing and osay make your own fun which suits me fine!.

Alright so a note. If you spawn near the town/city of Solnichiny take the road that leads to Dolina (Major road heading inland in middle of Solnichiny). In Dolina I found a CR75 Pistol and at a farm up the road from there was a full magazine for it as well. There was also along this route a couple of Med kits and also a rather large backpack. I am not sure if this stuff consistently spawns in this area but I was able to get my Character to Healty/Hydrated/Energized taking this route along with being able to stockpile food and bandages.

I'm posting this for anyone interested as I have read that the CR75 is pretty rare in game. Also if this stuff spawns consistently then it is a quick way to gather good supplies.