Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

iPhone

John

ive never had a problem with my G1, it actually works, and i can make phone calls. i have the developer version of it. i just need to figure out how to develop haha

Did you get your 1.6 update yet? I'm half jealous (if I actually ran factory packages) for you dev phone people.

it wasnt a dev phone to begin with, i had to downgrade then root it(which makes it a dev phone) then i put cupcake on it. so im on 1.5 cupcake now. so i just put 1.6 on like i did 1.5 right?

Rooting your phone does not make it a dev phone.

Dev phones are hardware and sim unlocked, and have an OFFICIAL unlocked bootloader that lets you flash with unsigned packages.

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/device.html

You get close to the same thing when you backdoor the phone and load a custom bootloader to it, but it's not the same thing.

Considering the images's requirement of a specific version of factory loaded bootloader and a flash through ADB, the mentioned image might work, but it could also fail and pseudo-brick your phone.

Rooting your phone does not make it a dev phone.

Dev phones are hardware and sim unlocked, and have an OFFICIAL unlocked bootloader that lets you flash with unsigned packages.

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/device.html

You get close to the same thing when you backdoor the phone and load a custom bootloader to it, but it's not the same thing.

Considering the images's requirement of a specific version of factory loaded bootloader and a flash through ADB, the mentioned image might work, but it could also fail and pseudo-brick your phone.

ok, well i was just going with what it said in my system stats. dev1.5 blah blah....1.6 doesnt work with it =/ found out the hard way, loaded it up took about 10 min for it to turn back on and i ended with just a black screen and the time at the top haha had to go back to 1.5. oh well im still happy with my phone the way it is, thanks for linking me to that site tho.

no john, my itouch is jailbroken and its awesome, im playin pokemon right now on it :D

It's fine on the itouch, but all it does is slow the iphone down. the iphone is processing alot more than the touch, since it's doing all the service shit, and it's also constantly checking for mail, and such.