Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Costom Player Models Besides The Vanilla Ones

dabearz1

would it be a problem to have your own custom player model, i mean i think the idea of seeing skeletor killing zombies is awesome. I dont think we should just give these out, only hg higher ups, i dont think recruits should get them because some recruits dont always stay. I really just want to play as leon from resident evil 4 lol a little motavation too stay alive i guess.

if there any opinions why this wouldnt work or if you think this is a good idea i would like to hear them, thanks.

I'm neutral on the subject but it is annoying when you see 40% of the server using various derivatives of the hatsune miku costume despite the fact that

1) They don't like or listen to vocaloid

2) They are 7 years old and think they know a lot about anime/japanese culture (weaboos) (Might I remind you that a weaboo =/= otaku)

Edited by TheAtrocity

would it be a problem to have your own custom player model, i mean i think the idea of seeing skeletor killing zombies is awesome. I dont think we should just give these out, only hg higher ups, i dont think recruits should get them because some recruits dont always stay. I really just want to play as leon from resident evil 4 lol a little motavation too stay alive i guess.

if there any opinions why this wouldnt work or if you think this is a good idea i would like to hear them, thanks.

When i became a recruit I think I suggested something like this, something to tell the HG members and the other fa****s apart. Are you not satisfied?

Edited by camperfriend

Custom player models are dumb. They take away a big appeal of the game when someone sees some anime character player model or shrek running around the cades. On a more practical level, gmod hitboxes are already fucked up as they are and most custom player models are larger or smaller than the default models so the hitboxes don't match up and it causes gameplay issues. Plus more download time for newer players. in other words there is no pros to adding them at all.

Edited by Komodoh
  • Like 4

When i became a recruit I think I suggested something like this, something to tell the HG members and the other fa****s apart. Are you not satisfied?

I wouldn't actually mind some non-distracting player models, HG related, for HG members. The problem lies in coding. Our coder is already busy and the updates are rather painfully slow so this thread is pretty much useless...

Ultimately the issue stems from adding extra files players have to download before joining the server and less then half of those players actually end up using the new models. You get into the situation, common in TTT servers, where players end up spending a half-hour just downloading assets. Which is why the more popular TTT servers are the ones without a point shop and a laundry list of custom models.

• Like 1

yep, i agree on a low key something to set the regulars apart. but it takes away from the vanillaness of the server, as well as the other items mentioned.

maybe one day when gmod comes out on the half like 3 engine (don't get your hopes up for anything in the next 10 years at least LOL)

• 4 weeks later...