Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Should North Korean And South Korea Be United?

Russbus

Seriously answer? No

Why?

Currently in North Korea there isn't enough food to go around and a mindset for the past 50 or 60 years that everything about the west is basically the devil. Uniting North and South Korea would cause a huge influx of millions of refugees to all parts of the world, particularly South Korea. This would cause the south korean economy and way of life to suffer with all of the poor, uneducated, and bias people flooding their border. Not to mention all of the prison camps currently in the north, it would be the South's responsibility to rehabilitate all of those citizens if the countries were to unite.

• Like 2

Seriously answer? No

Why?

Currently in North Korea there isn't enough food to go around and a mindset for the past 50 or 60 years that everything about the west is basically the devil. Uniting North and South Korea would cause a huge influx of millions of refugees to all parts of the world, particularly South Korea. This would cause the south korean economy and way of life to suffer with all of the poor, uneducated, and bias people flooding their border. Not to mention all of the prison camps currently in the north, it would be the South's responsibility to rehabilitate all of those citizens if the countries were to unite.

I'd like to think I'm an idealist so I'm going to have to completely disagree with you. Yeah it would suck a lot for all the reasons you said but that doesn't mean you just abandon those people to a dictatorship that brainwashes and forces it's people to be there. I'm not looking to argue I just think it'd be selfish to just say "No, you're all stuck there sorry, deal with it" lol. Good luck on the project Russ, message me if you need help on anything!

I mean I agree that it would be better for the people in the prison camps and such to be liberated, however a majority of the country genuinely hates everything about the west and probably wouldn't want to be united unless it was on the norths terms.