Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Windows 7 Vs Windows 8.1

Ackomonk

• 1 month later...

Windows 10 should be a better version, but right now I have windows 7, I tried windows 8.1, didn't like it, so I switched back to 7.

I am running the Windows 10 Tech preview as my primary machine. So far it is making Windows 8/8.1 what Vista was to 7. It is far far better than 8 is currently. With Windows 8 you can get Classic shell which allows you to disable the Metro screen and get a normal start menu back.

I think you should get Windows 7 because Windows 8.1 is just annoying. It's harder to do things and Windows 7 is much more simple for gaming. I have Windows 8.1 right now and it's just horrible.

You have to get used to it. You can download classic shell will make your live easier.

I've used windows 8/8.1 for sometime. It's like everyone has said you have to get use to it, but i personally prefer windows 7. As some old games i used to play had compatibility issues on 8 even when changed. Plus you can get windows 7 for a fair price nowadays.