Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need Some Help/advice (Free 20$ Steam Gift For Whoever Helps Me)

BranHorse

Yeah need some A+ help with this one so pm me your masters degrees and/or paychecks from google.

WALL OF TEXT INC.

So I am using a very strange program called perple_X (yes it is perplexing as fuck) to do some geochemistry modeling for my thesis this semester and I am trying to make some of the more tedious work a lot quicker.

This program is a bunch of random applications that are linked to various dat files. Using a combination of .dat and single key stroke keys (ex.y for yes n for no) within the command prompt(its what all the applications open) it makes a file suited for illustrator or whatever. I wont bore you with the more complicated rock stuff that go along with this, but the final result is whole rock chemistrys for various things you enter (pressure/temperatures etc..)

What I am looking to do is sort of automate the process of entering some of the data for a particular application so I do not have to sit through the entire process when I need to compare 50 plus results that all take 20 minutes to finish when all i change is one small thing out of the dozens of prompts.

I am sure I worded this like a true software engineer so here are some pictures to help explain what I mean.

http://imgur.com/a/v83sm

Those two images show what I am dealing with. I open the program called werami, and it asks me things I enter the sometimes 12 plus prompts accordingly and it makes things for me. What I want to do is have it enter the things for me (kind of like a keybind or a .bat).

http://www.perplex.ethz.ch/faq/scripting.txt

I am trying to do what they did where it says "Even better: werami_commands.txt" and down(until they start talking about the Unix stuff). I tried making a txt file with the same name as the one they use and link that into the werami prompt but it does not work how I expected.

From the top of the link I posted above "The basic idea is to use

** some poorly known capacities of the dos, which is indeed able to read

the user inputs from a text file (Jamie told me that trick)"..... I basically want to be able to do this haha.

Yeah sorry for the wall of text. I am posting this here because I am not in a hurry to get this done (yet), but I wanted to see if anyone has any ideas on how I can go about doing this. There site says it is doable but gives little to no information on how. Let me know if you need any more information/want to help me over teamspeak.

Whoever gets me pointed in the right direction/helps the most will get a 20$ steam game/riot points gifted to them by me (your choice) and their name typed in white font on the paper I am writing.