Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need A Bit Of Help With My Mic

SkeletalElite

So i recently bought some new astro a40s with a mixamp pro 2015 edition and the mic quality is terrible and i know from experience it really helps mic quality when you update the firmware however when i try to run the updater the program never opens on screen and in task manager it opens for like 3 seconds then closes. Anyone know how i could fix this

Edited by SkeletalElite

someone didn't get the memo that the mic quality on the a40s isn't the best

what version of windows are you on?

i know its not the best but i know that updating firmware helps because until you do you sound like i robot. the a50's also sounded robotic at first when i had them a couple years ago. when i updated them it helped a ton. I'm on windows 8.1

smiles, some nice gear you picked out there. I checked it out. I personal don't like the 7.1 sound selling points on that. it takes a driver to to take a stereo/2 channel sound and up mix it to the fancy 7.1 ..... but dah, that my opinion. a good stereo head set and amp is all you need. the mic stuff is odd. make sure it isn't using a mic from a web cam or other devices. and always! always try plugin in the cables into the rear of the computer.

alot of times people plug it in on the front.front of the computer plugs, have a wire that run all the way through the system, to a dumb/poor spot in the computer that run by alot of components that like to makes alot of shit fields and noise.

Microphone

6.0mm unidirectional mic..... interesting.. try moving it closer or further away from you face?

A40-HEADSET-TEAMENVYUS-GEN2-PS4-CHARCOAL-BUNDLE_package.png?sw=330