Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Interenet Speed On Computer Slower Than Dictators Reaction Time. Help!

essence

Hello,

I have had this issue for probably 2 weeks now. The internet speeds on my computer are terrible, it also drops connection. The way my internet is set up is 3 members of my family use GenericInternetname2 and 3 (including my self) use GenericInternetname1. My internet on my phone works great, sometimes it had issues but right now I can stream twitch on my phone but I can't stream it on my computer. I have a little Belkin USB adapter to hook up to the wifi. Ideas are welcome, I'v already made sacrifices to the internet gods.

Resting my modem and the router helps for a few minutes then it just goes back to being terrible. We have a linksys modem.

Ideas are welcome and I will try them all. Thank you for your help!

(If you need more information just ask)

iphone 5s Download speed: 49.5 MB

iPhone 5s Upload speed: 6.0 MB

Computer download speed: .12 WTF?

Using the same internet

EDIT:

Ok, who the hell is messing with me?

http://www.speedtest...sult/4284943871

EDIT: I fixed the slowness... for now. The wifis just drop for around 30seconds-1minute then reconnect

Edited by Kas

So I moved my USB wifi connector to a different usb port and that helped, it seems to have fixed the slowness, now it just drops connection as much as dictator looses the 1v1 clutch.

I doubt it is related to your ISP but the only way to rule that in or out is to test with a hardwired internet connection. If you can temporarily plug in to your router and run a speedtest, that will tell you where the problem lies.

If you get good speed hardwired, consider something like a powerline ethernet adapter. I ended up installing these at a few locations and they work really well.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA4010KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00AWRUICG/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I don't know if this will help or not but I had a similar problem with the internet speed on my computer and felt like a dummy when I figured it out. Go into the wireless internet adapter program you have, and check and see what your internet speeds are set to. My phone speed was great and everything else blah blah but my laptop speed was terrible. I had guys come out and look at everything but eventually I found that for some reason the adapter had changed my down/up speed to like .15mbps....all i had to do is up it to what it was supposed to be and worked fine after that.