Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Steam Game Files

Baby Panda

Hey guys. So I have been curious about all of my gaming life and how I should be looking into getting a new laptop but completely for gaming only. Currently, I use my laptop now for gaming and school purposes but I want a laptop just for gaming only and then have this one now for my school purposes only so I can have much better performance when gaming. So now, I am just asking about my actually game files for all my games but mainly for TF2. I need to know completely how I am able to transfer my game's information like the in-game items from this laptop to the soon to be new laptop for me b/c I've spent a lot of money and time on TF2 and I like where I am and don't want to lose all that. Do I have to transfer the game files from my File Explorer onto my external hard drive or can I just log into my Steam account on that new laptop and then all my items will be saved there from the Cloud?

Thanks,

-Alex

Just my .2 here. I would not advise buying a gaming laptop. They don't have much room to breath (causes overheating and thermal throttling with will effect the performance) and the fact that they are designed to be portable will cause some of the important gaming hardware (GPU) to be limited. Build your own tower. You will get more performance for your $$. If you already have a portable computer for school then why do you need a portable PC to game on? A standalone tower PC will do you much better justice if you do your gaming at home

Sorry that did not really answer your question but all your stuff would be saved through your steam account so your stuff would appear no matter what computer you log on

Edited by PooStar_Nutbag