Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Crackling And Static Noise

Crucible

Hey All, I've been having static and crackling noise from my usb headset (Logitec H390) windows is fully patched and updated and all drivers are current, I'm thinking either my usb ports are dying or the onboard sound is crapping out, I have tried a different headset that has 3.5 mm jacks and get the same

cruddy sound, any Ideas on what else to look at?

Thanks

Edited by Crucible

I'm going assume so since when i sent him upgrades he was still on a Dual core AMD AM2+. Crucible If you still have issues after a reinstall your best bet is to buy a USB expansion card, Only $20 at max depending where you buy it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input B3ll and Misc2008, i had thought about doing a wipe and reload. I just shudder at the thought of sitting in front of the computer for the 3 or so rounds at Windows update that i know it's going to take to get things patched, not to mention reinstalling the games then all the steam updates for C.S. Source. We gamers pay a heavy toll for a hobby don't we lol?